Pathetic | Alfie Solomons

'Pathetic | Alfie Solomons'

•••••

"ALRIGH'?"

SPINNING AROUND SO FAST you accidentally knock a vase off the sideboard, you turn to meet the face of who had just scared you. The man sitting casually at the table as you fear to move. The shattered glass all over the kitchen floor of the Shelby home as you stand barefoot after discharging yourself, your fear of hospitals consuming you.

"Fuckin' hell, love." The gruff, broad man stands and slowly makes his way over. "What ya doing with no shoes on eh? Bit fuckin' stupid ain' it?"

You stay silent, watching him as he comes closer, his shoes crunching over the glass.

"Don't move, yeah?" His big eyes staring into yours, comforting you in a way as he hesitantly wraps his arms around your waist, picking you up. Stopping yourself from wincing as a small amount of pain surges through you, you bite on the inside of your cheek.

He sets you down on a chair before brushing off the bits of glass that had managed to embed themselves into the bare skin of your feet.

"You fancy answerin' any of my questions or what?" Looking up at you, the man makes you slightly nervous. You can tell there's a handsome face below the overgrown stubble and rim of the hat.

"Which one?" You ask softly, slightly confused as to why this man is in your home and feeling vulnerable as you had only just left the hospital, barely in a stable condition after being shot in the side.

"Let's start with this one." He clears his throat as he lays a hand delicately on your knee. "Why the fuck are you out of hospital, eh?" He questions more sternly, his voice becoming cavernous.

"I don't like hospitals." You shrug simply, slightly intimidated by how quickly he can change his voice from soft to deep and authoritative.

"You scared of 'em?" He asks innocently, hand still on your knee that lay exposed from the hospital gown that doesn't quite reach down that far.

"Maybe."

He scratches his chin as he sits beside you, a short silence filling the room.

"That's a bit fuckin' pathetic ain't it?"

You glare defensively at him as his face remains unbothered.

"And why don't you have any shoes on? 'Cause to be fair love if you were supposed to be here I'm sure they would of dressed you n'all."

You don't answer him, an idea popping into your head as to how you are going to find out who the hell this is.

"You gonna answer?"

"Why should I? Hm? You're a stranger." You snap, folding your arms, becoming less alarmed of the unfamiliar person's presence.

"Sweetheart, if I was a stranger do ya really think I would make it into the household of the fuckin' relentless and paranoid Shelby's?" He furrows his brows, his rough hand gripping your chin as he forces you to look at him.

He has a fair point but you aren't going to give in, truth is your older brother Tommy is paranoid and he is relentless. Especially with you since you're his youngest sister.