Chapter 3 Back On Track

"Jalen! I'm am turning old! My hair is BLACK!" I said. "Whoa, I thought everyone in your family were brunette's!" Jalen said. "They are! Is it like a trait or something back in the old days?" I said. " What color hair did your dad have?" She said. " I never really knew, he always wore a hat!" I said. " Well maybe it came from your dad," Jalen said. "What happened with your dad anyway?" Jalen asked. "Well it all started when I was born, that's when my dad went in the army. He came back and stayed for 1 year. He stayed enough time for Joy and Peace to be born. When Peace and Joy were about 4 he was talking about leaving to the army again. My mom was totally against it. Then there was a big argument and I heard a loud slam! It was my mom slammed to the ground! Then I called 911 and he left before the police could get here!" I said. "That was a long sad story! Anyway's you wanna go shopping with me! We are going to the mall for new clothes for school!" Jalen said. "Whoa who is we other than me?" I said. "Oh yeah I forgot to tell you about my new neighbor. Her name is Lastroid Klanky! She doesn't look so nice so I wanted to take her shopping with us!" Jalen said excitedly. " Oh, well what time are we going?" I asked. " In about an hour!" Jalen said. " Meet you at your house in 45 minutes," I said. "Okay!" Jalen.                            "I'm here!" I said busting in Jalens door. "Hi Liliana, this is Lastroid Klanky!" She said.                              When I first saw her, she had orange puffy hair, a blue number 9 shirt and some short jeans. "It's best if we go to the store now!" I said. I was finally back on track!

                             "So, w-whats are high school like?" Lastroid said nervously. "Well it's not elementary school! It's humongous and the lunch there is good!" Jalen said. "What high school did you come from anyway?" I asked. "I was h-home schooled," Lastroid said. "Your going to have to stay with us for the whole semester then!" I said as we went into the Aeropostale store. " What is this A word written in cursive?" Lastroid said curiously. "Um Aeropostale" I said. " You don't know what Aeropostale is?" I said letting my curiousity get the best of me. "No I got o-off brand clothing!" Lastroid said. "Um Liliana I think you should stop talking! I heard her parents arguing before and I actually heard her father abusing her mother!" Jalen said warning me. " What does that have to do with me?" I told Jalen. " Hey Lastroid go around the store and get all the clothes you want!" Jalen said. " He could abuse you!" Jalen continued to whisper in my ear. " Yeah right you have a serious case of paranoia!" I said loudly.  "Let's just get our clothing!" Jalen said.        

                                   "The cost of all the clothing at the aeropostale store was 60 dollars. So I payed 30 dollars, Jalen payed 25 dollars, and Lastroid payed 5 dollars. Then we went to Aunt Sally's pretzels and we practically payed for Lastroid. Basically what I'm trying to say is Lastroid didn't put a good 10 dollars of what we bought today." I told my mom after me and Jalen dropped Lastroid off. "Well, You said she came from a poor background right? She'll probably pay for the stuff the next go round," My mom said calmly. "Are you ok mom? You're talking calmly than normal," I said. " Yeah I'm fine! You and Jalen go up stairs and get ready for school tomorrow!" My mom said.