DR

"I don't want to lose you

"I don't want to lose you. But", he leans forward to place a gentle kiss on your cheeks, "I don't what to lose what we have either." and with that, he rests his forehead against yours, letting it linger before pulling away.

"stay." He whispers and you understand the plea he's making. He wants you to stay and when he looks at you with those big red eyes, it's hard to deny. You can't make promises when there is so much left in the present, yet you can't bring yourself to leave either. It's a choice you both have to make, with faith and fear as your guides. But when you touch his hand and place a gentle kiss on his palm, it becomes the lightest of promises.

You make the leap because you have to, because when the space gets heavy and the battle lines get drawn between lingering and being something deeper, it's hard to stay anchored in reality. And you made the choice to do the latter.

In "stay" an innocent promise of his, you get a glimpse of what it might have been like with him. The next time he looks at you, that bright, unmistakable glow is back and you know in the core of your being that you have a chance to get it back. You have the chance to build something beautiful, something strong and amazing. And its upto to you to make the choice to go all in again.

To hold out hope for something more than what you had now. Because you were never going to live in fear, nor were you ever going to regret what you'd just given up.

"Stay." and it feels like magic when your heart skips a beat. A promise to keep you safe, for better and for worse. To cherish you with every breath, because no matter how bad things get, you still have each other. That's the only thing that will matter in the end.

You'll never let him go again.

-Diluc Ragnvindr