**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚A Discovery!˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

a/n: first request!! this was requested by @JAMgirl183 !!

 REGRESSOR: OMA, KOKICHI (2)
CARER: IDABASHI, KIIBO (they/he pronouns!)

despair au, takes place in chapter 1!

-------

   Kiibo was given a slip of paper, as well as everyone else in the room. They gripped the slip, looking up at Monokuma. 

"What is this?" Kiibo asked, everyone looking over at Kiibo before looking at Monokuma. The bear only chuckled, looking at all of his captives. 

"Well! These are all of your secrets! Y'know, the ones you'd never want anyone to know? Well, your sweet Monokuma has randomized them, and now you have one of your classmates' secrets!" They all stopped in their tracks. 

"Our...secrets?" Kaede asked, her fingers twitching. "Why would you release something like that?!" The bear just chuckled again, before disappearing. The students groaned, before opening the slips of paper. There were gasps around the room. Kiibo hesitated; they didn't want to release anybody's secret! 

...Although, he had to.

With one deep breath, they opened the slip of paper.

Ouma Kokichi is an age regressor, a secret he'd hate for anybody to know.

Age regression? What is that? Kiibo wondered. As the robot walked back to his dorm, he decided to do a search. 

"What is age regression?" 

The robot searched up in his search engine, resulting in many results. The main one was what he studied. 

"Age regression is the practice/coping mechanism of regressing, your mindset going to one of a child, toddler, or even younger. The regressors will use child-like accessories, such as pacifiers, toddler cups, etc."

Well that made sense. As they continued studying, another thing came up.

"Usually, age regressors have something called a 'caregiver'- someone who would watch them/guide them. A parental figure."

Huh. Alright, maybe he needed a carer? There was no harm and asking, right? 

Right. 

Kiibo got up, and headed to Kokichi's dorm.  Once he approached the dorm door, they knocked on the door. It flung opened immediately, revealing Kokichi.

"Aha! Kee-boy! How can I help you?" Kokichi asked, as bright as ever. Kiibo smiled.

"Hey Kokichi, mind if I come in?" They asked, Kokichi grinning once more. 

"Of course! C'mon in!" He guided Kiibo in the room, both of them sitting down on Kokichi's bed. 

"So," Kiibo started, getting Kokichi's attention. "I'm just going to be straight forward, um, I got your secret."

Kokichi stopped, his face falling. "What was it?"

"Um...geez this is hard to say, it said something about you being an age regressor?" The shorter boy sucked in a breath. He then got up, and faced Kiibo.

"Go ahead." 

"Huh?"

"Go ahead and make fun of me. I'm ready for it," He looked so pitiful, Kiibo almost broke. 

"Oh, oh no, I'd never!" Kiibo put their hands up, Kokichi looking at him.

"Isn't that what you're here for? To make fun of me?"

"N-No! Not at all! I was going to ask if you needed a...caregiver? Is that what they're called?"

Kokichi tilted his head, his eyes widening. "You...really want to help? You don't have to of course, I'd just be a burden, and I regress often-"

His rambling was cut off with a hug from the robot. 

"I'd love to, 'Kichi. Of course, I won't be the best carer, but I'll do my best!"

Kokichi could feel himself regressing, into a small toddler headspace. His eyes started to water, as he sniffled. Kiibo took this as a sign he was 'regressing' as they called it.

"Hey...hey it's okay! There's no need to cry!" They assured, rubbing the small boys' back. "It's alright..."

Kokichi sniffled once more, before rubbing his eyes softly. He whined softly.

"O-Oh! Are you tired, little one?" Kiibo asked, Kokichi nodding slightly. He pointed to a dresser drawer, before mumbling "speck". The new carer looked in the drawer, seeing a light purple pacifer, a speckled tiger, and a bunch of other toys, outfits, and sippy cups. They grabbed the stuffed animal and pacifer, and going back over to Kokichi. 

"Here you go, is this what you want?" Kokichi took the tiger, and Kiibo slid the pacifier in Kokichi's mouth. The regressed boy slowly blinked, before laying down. He was fading in and out of sleep.

"Sleep well, 'Kichi. I'll be right here when you wake up."

-----

a/n: 692words. be proud >:)