Chance Meeting with Disaster

Start from the beginning

"Was that-"

"Yes," she said, cutting Katie off.

Before she could respond again, they were at the counter and Finn started roughly putting their items on the conveyor belt. It all happened so quickly that Katie didn't even have time to figure her half in it, but as Finn roughly accepted the receipt and shoved it into one of the bags, she figured they could figure it out at the flat. It was apparent that Finn wanted out of the store as quickly as possible.

Katie watched nervously as Finn poured herself another glass of whiskey and downed a good portion of it

Katie watched nervously as Finn poured herself another glass of whiskey and downed a good portion of it. They had been back at the flat for about an hour and she had spent a good amount of that time wildly ranting about her former fiancé and his new fiancée, drinking the entire time.

She had then sat and cried for a good 15 minutes and was now sitting at the table silently staring despondently at the bottle. Katie had tried talking to her, wanting to repay the favor, but she wasn't sure if any of it had sunk in.

"Honestly, from everything you've said, he's an arse. Not worth being upset over anymore," Katie said.

Finn looked up at her, the look on her face so morose that it nearly broke her heart.

"You know... I was a lot more fun before... this," Finn said, motioning wildly with her arms. "I miss Fun Finn. That's another thing he did. He stole Fun Finn. How dare he steal Fun Finn?"

Katie sighed and looked down at her watch, noting that she was going to be late for Oliver's party if she didn't start getting ready soon. But the other part of her mind wondered if it was a good idea to leave Finn on her own, lest she drink herself into a stupor. She supposed she could always bail on the party, though she had been looking forward to it all week.

It was then that the idea popped into her head and before she could really think it over, it came tumbling out of her mouth.

"Say Finn... you want to go to a party?"

They were about halfway to Oliver's flat when Katie realized exactly what she had done

They were about halfway to Oliver's flat when Katie realized exactly what she had done. She was silently cursing herself for acting so recklessly. She was taking her muggle flatmate to a party with witches and wizards. With no warning to anyone. And she couldn't even text ahead to warn them as not one of her friends had ever gotten a mobile.