And she was content with that... maybe.

Her life changed when her father arranged for her to live with the Bridgertons, who were known for their captivating looks. In all honesty as soon as she met them she felt like she stood out like a sore thumb, or she was incredibly washed out from their pretty porcelain colored skin and rosy cheeks.

Her father sent her off to find a husband of worthy status and riches. Hope obliged because she adored her father, and if she could provide him comfort by marrying for riches then so be it.

Her black carriage road through the roads of London and she peaked through the side windows, noticing pedestrians watching her choice of transportation. Again, she wasn't exactly rich, so her carriage was rusty compared to the others in this side of London. The carriage slowed down before coming to a complete stop in front of a beautiful three story brick house. It was surrounded by other houses that were likewise, it was like it's own town.

Hope's heart jumped up a beat, seeing her carriage door open revealing a foot man with a beige tail coat and a dramatic white wig. He extended his hand for Hope to take—she gulped.

"Ms. Buckingham." He addressed her politely.

She adjusted her dress, which was beige and had tiny red rose's embroidered on it. Hope took the man's hand and stepped out of the carriage to see the Bridgerton's all lined up at their front door, most held smiles but some held serious expressions. Hope smiled nervously before walking up to them all.

She bowed graciously. "It is very nice to meet you all, my father sends his thanks for letting me stay here until further notice." She said, looking at the Viscountess, Mrs. Bridgerton—the well renowned widow. The woman before her smiled warmly before bowing as well.

"I know your father had his reasons, but I am honored to provide you housing. Please—meet my children." She said, signaling to the heap of children behind her. A little boy and girl ran up to her with excited grins, they looked to be at least 8 years of age. The girl had curly brown hair that was pinned up into pigtails and she wore a pretty pink dress.

"We are very happy to have another girl in the house." She said. The boy nudged the girl in the elbow. "She is very happy to have another girl in the house." He said, followed by a roll of his eyes. The Viscountess pulled the children away with an embarrassing grin.

"Don't run the girl away before she's had a chance to unpack her things!" She says.

"This is Hyacinth and Gregory."

Hope extended out an arm in defense. "Do not worry, I am accustomed to this. My town had lots of children running around the place, trust me—this makes me feel more at home." She grins, before a girl with strawberry red hair approached her and bowed.

"I am Daphne, pleasure to make your acquaintance. You are a ruby, truly." The pearly white teeth she had sparkled as she greeted the woman. Hope smiled shyly, she has never been called ruby before. If felt flattering but... unusual in a sense.

There was man who looked a bit older than Daphne who approached her, he had a round face and kind eyes. "Colin. Very nice to meet you." He said. A man nudged Colin out of the way with a playful smile.

"I'm Benedict Bridgerton, the better, more favorable Bridgerton to be more specific." He said, grabbing Hope's hand softly and placing a chaste kiss on her knuckles. The siblings all scoffed. "Brother. Do not embarrass us, please." A more serious looking man stood behind Benedict, he looked to be the eldest out of them. His jaw was clenched as his eyes landed on Hope.