"Oh, hello. How can-how can I help you? Can I help you?" He stumbled over his words, cursing at himself in his head for sounding like such a knob.

But she let out a small laugh under her breath before saying, "Well, I would hope so. You work here, don't you?"

"No, I just like going behind the counters." He smacked his forehead a little before saying, "Yes, sorry, I do work here. I don't know why I would make a joke about it right now." The last part was said mostly under his breath.

"It's alright, I was just wondering if you could help me find something..." She trailed off, looking at his name tag, "Steven."

Oh, he really liked the way she said his name. Her accent was odd. In the best way though. It sounded like it was partly American and partly British and it was fantastic.

"Yeah..I can help you. What is it that you are looking for?"

"The Egyptian mythology section. I keep getting lost in the European art section and then giving in said section."

"Oh! Right, I could show you, if you want, you know for muscle memory." He offered with a small awkward smile.

She starved at him for a few seconds, like she was trying to figure him out before smiling and nodding to him. "That would be lovely. Thank you."

He held out his arm, almost like he was guiding an old woman, as he didn't know what to do or what was considered awkward in this case as he hadn't done this before.

But she took it anyway, hooking her arm to his and let him guide her to the Egyptian section. They were silent, he was a bit awkward in it but she didn't seem to be. Maybe that's because she didn't have a beautiful woman on her arm making her nervous.

He needed to break the silence before they got to their destination, maybe just to get to know her a bit before Donna eventually yelled at him for leaving his counter after being late this morning, again.

"You seem very determined to get to the Egyptian section, even if you gave up in the European part. Any reason for that?" He asked,  looking over at her, mush closer than when he would look at her back across the room.

Her hair was obsidian black and perfectly straightened so it cascaded down her back, her skin pale and her eyes matching her hair, a darker brown than his which he didn't think was possible. Her eyelids were painted red, which was a stark contrast to the outfit she was wearing.

It was a short white too with large, puffy sleeves and high waisted pants of the same color that flared out at the end. Around her neck was a long pearl necklace that dipped down the neckline of her top.

She always seemed to have extravagant outfits on when he saw her which was why her was very curious about this work

She always seemed to have extravagant outfits on when he saw her which was why her was very curious about this work. Especially if that work meant that she was coming into a museum in the morning to closing time.

"As much as I love to study Egyptian culture in my free time, I am here for work purposes." She explained with slight vagueness.

"I'm sorry if this oversteps the boundaries of normal human conversation," She laughed a little at his wording, "but what is it that you do for work?"

"I'm a fashion designer. I've been in a bit of a rut cause I haven't been able to think of anything new lately so I thought that I would get some inspiration from some of the mythologies here, since they have always been an interesting subject to me." The woman said looking over at him, causing him to look away quickly but he was sure she could see the tips of his ears turning red.

He made a small 'ohh' noise, it made sense that she worked in fashion with those outfits. Steven really didn't know what to say after that but he didn't want the conversation to end either.

"So-so what's your favorite deity? In Egyptian culture?" He asked nervously as they stood at the entrance of the Egyptian wing.

She pulled her arm from his, making him sad at the lost touch, and should in front of him with a soft smile and narrowed her eyes playfully at him. "You've never done this before, have you? Talking to a woman?" The woman asked teasingly.

Bollocks, she caught him.

"Well, I mean, besides my boss or my mum than pretty much." Steven let out a small chuckle at his own misery at how sad that sounded.

She chuckled along with him though, walking backwards into the exhibit, smiling at him. "Goodbye, Steven. Thank you for helping me."

"Wait! You never actually told me-" He called after her.

"Bastet. My favorite Egyptian goddess is Bastet. Goddess of Protection and Pleasure." She said before turning around completely and walking away.

Steven watched her, smiling happily to himself and looking at the ground. That was quickly ended by Donna's yelling,

"STEVIE! Get back to work!"