i'm gonna ruin you

pairing: matt murdock x fem!readerword count: 7.6kwarnings: THIS GIF . swearing, smut 18+ (fingering, orgasm denial, unprotected sex, a form of exhibitionism and choking) minors do not interact!!summary: years after graduating from columbia law, you unexpectedly face the pair of men you were once acquainted with—one more than the other—in a case which you were prosecuting. one of them asks you to dinner for old time's sake, despite it being a conflict of interest, but it's just dinner, right?

You inspected your blazer and matching black skirt for loose threads or displaced lint as you awaited for the hearing to begin. You were let in a few minutes early due to the previous case finishing quite earlier than expected.

"Are you ready?" you turned to Blake—your boss—who displayed a slightly concerned look on his face.

You offered a smile, trying to convince him you were, but it had been a crooked one at that, so he deduced you weren't. And well, you really weren't. You were completely worried. It was only a week ago that DA Reyes told you she would start assigning you to cases involving severe felonies. That in turn would bring in new challenges for you to face in your career, and you enjoyed that, you looked forward to that. But this was the first case you'd been assigned to since she'd spoken to you about it, and you didn't want to disappoint.

You were just glad Blake was alongside you, he was originally the lead attorney for this case as a senior ADA, but when DA Reyes gave you the second chair position, Blake had offered to step down and have you take charge as the lead attorney—almost like a mentoring situation, which you were very much grateful for.

This obviously intimidated you, but you've previously handled misdemeanor cases by yourself anyway— and a case is a case, you'd always exert the same amount of effort into each one. Though needless to say, you still had a lot riding on this one.

You heard a few male voices approaching the front of the courtroom. Great. You could only presume that the defense attorneys were men, and you hated that. So far in your career you've dealt with—more often than not—overly pretentious male lawyers who each had a major air of superiority to you, and had always something not-so-nice to say to you after a session in court. Then again in what career field doesn't a woman have to deal with things like that.

You turned around to take a look at the approaching men, only to whip it back forward once you got a proper glance.

A long-haired blond and a blind brunette—truly an indistinguishable pair.

Foggy Nelson and Matthew Murdock.

Now you were more nervous than ever. Your palms began to sweat, you felt your body temperature begin to rise, and you were so anxious that it felt like your heart was materializing itself outside your body because of how fast and heavy it was beating and how suddenly audible its beats were to you.

You attended Columbia Law alongside the two, sharing some classes with both but mostly with the latter man. They were more or less your friends when you were all in university, but you had a major crush on Matt.

You eyed through your peripherals, trying to see if they've noticed you yet. But they seemed to be immersed in a deep discussion with their client, so you doubted they had noticed you since walking in.

The hearing was scheduled to start in five minutes so you took that time to calm down, making attempts to convince yourself that they were just lawyers like you, here to do a job, that it was all a no big deal. You may even have tried to boost your ego a bit by hyping yourself up about working at the DA's office and how that was a well deserved achievement for you, which meant you were bigger than some trivial fear of embarrassing yourself in front of some old colleagues.