𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐒 : 𝐂𝐇. 𝟔

Start from the beginning

British shifted her weight, weighing her options. She obviously knew Dayvon was harmless—in the case of her being Harlem's sister. "You'ca take me to Provident?"

"Fasho," he agreed starting to walk away toward his car, British gratefully following him.

"Thank you."

"Naw, you good. Who up thea' tho?" He questioned once they made it to a black Lexus 350 sport.

"I don't even know," British sucked her teeth, as he unlocked the doors to the car opening the door for her, "Celeste called me a while ago tellin' me to come up there and then the phone hung up." She got in the car, closing the door herself as he was already walking off to the driver side.

"Damn," Dayvon commented, once in the car, "I hope everything coo."

"Me too," British breathed as Dayvon push to start the car, and pulling away from the curb, wanting to take her mind off of overthinking she switched topics, "what happened to the car you almost killed me in?"

Dayvon laughed, "yo ass be ova doin' it, gang. Naw, I had to get it wrapped again though."

All of a sudden, the radio blasted a loud rap song he must've been playing before he got out of the car the last time.

'Hoes be too slick, don't trust that bitch.
Better suck my dick..'

British sucked her teeth as he turned the radio down, "now who is that talkin' like that?" She felt just like her grandma with that statement, but the song was very demeaning to say the least.

"Man, ion know who that nigga is." He said nonchalantly. Making British suck her teeth, looking at the name 'King Von - Hoes Ain't Shit'.

"What a coincidence," British said sarcastically, "Dayvon and King Von." She watched as he stayed silent keeping his eyes on the road, trying to suppress his laughter. She turned her attention to her phone looking up King Von on Google search heading straight to photos, she sucked her teeth once she seen it was in fact Dayvon.

"You're a liar." She said plainly making him laugh. "I see you on Google, liar."

"Damn, fed ass." Dayvon sucked his teeth. "What if I wanted to keep my shit private?"

"Well, it's a lil too late for that now, huh, King Von?" British teased. "You talk like that in all yo songs?"

"Talk like what foe?"

"What'd you say? Hoes ain't shit—and somethin' about suckin' dick? You should be ashamed of yo self talkin' like that onna song about women."

"Ian talm' bout women, I'm talm' bout hoes," he retorted.

"I guess," British yawned. The rest of the ride was a little communication but nothing too crazy. British nearly running out of the car once he parked in the underground garage right in front of the emergency entrance. Dayvon hopped out as well, he knew if Celeste was here, Zoo wasn't too far and he also wanted to know what was going on.

British was quick on her feet, finding Celeste, Zoo, and Drew sitting in a waiting area. "What's goin' on?" British started to feel her anxiety rise once again, Dayvon coming in not too far behind her. Zoo and him slapping hands.

"I'm so sorry, Brit." Celeste shook her head standing to her feet and grabbing British' hands in hers, her eyes teary and red.

"What? What're you sorry about?" British frowned as Celeste continued to apologize, tears streaming down her cheeks as she pulled away from her unable to get answer. "Zoo, what's goin' on?" She turned her attention his solemn expression.

"British," he said lowly, "Harlem got shot." British felt her chest tighten at the three words. Her breathing felt restricted as it all hit her at once like a truck.

"Is he alive?" She barely asked above a whisper, tears blurring her vision as she looked at Celeste who shrugged her shoulders shaking her head.

"We don't know, Brit!" She said through tears. British stormed out of the waiting room heading from the front desk to get any information possible.

Dayvon on the other hand was in an intense state of just utter shock, his lil homie, his boy, his unofficial son was in a hospital bed fighting for his life due to a gunshot.

"Hello? Excuse me! Excuse me!" British rose her voice to the front desk lady who was on the phone running her mouth, she looked up at British briefly holding the phone to her chest.

"Ma'am?" She answered back.

"I need some information on Harlem Davis," British spoke through heavy breathing and tears

"Are you any kin to this patient?" She asked typing up Harlem's information. British nodded.

"I'm his older sister, his guardian."

"Oh, the eight year old boy?" She breathed out putting the phone against the table, averting her eyes to British. "He was rushed in about forty minutes ago, he's still in surgery ma'am."

British let out a heavy breath, not saying another word, tearfully returning to the waiting area, plopping down in a nearby seat. Stuffing her face in her hands she let out a loud sob. Feeling like she absolutely failed Harlem in the worst way possible. Who would shoot a child?

"What happened?" She spoke as best as she could between sniffling and heavy sobbing. Celeste took a seat beside her, coddling her in her arms as she continued to cry.

"I can't tell you, Brit." Zoo said with a shrug. "All I know is I heard niggas sayin' they had just got it bussin' on Vernon. Ian know it was Harlem till I went ova there and asked around."

British couldn't handle to hear anymore, her heart broke into a million tiny pieces. Cause if Harlem died, she had nothing else to live for.

_________

von wanna teach Harlem how to everything else but not lack. Harlem betta get his ass a blick. If he survive LOLOL.

British is panicking okay? She me in stressful situations, baby I can't handle it.

Zoo be knowing teaaa! Cause who the fuck came to you with that information Bishop?

Not von giving my baby a ride in his Lexus, like boy. She still not gon freak you BYE 🙄