"Seems sound," he admitted, glancing at her. He then looked towards the door. "Wood not coming today?"

"No, he's held up at practice," Olivia said. She then took a deep breath, her lips pursed slightly. "And well... I feel like I owe you an apology... I want to apologize for... well, the party and match. What he said to you. I'm not sure what got into him. I haven't told him about that night. Figured it wasn't any of his business. And it's still... really new and all."

"I... that's fine... if you want to tell him," Draco said, then wondering if that would be a colossal mistake. But he couldn't take it back now. "I mean... he is your boyfriend and all. I'm just... one night."

"And my subordinate. We work together. The last thing I need is him worrying about something that isn't there," Olivia said.

"Right," Draco said, turning back to his notes, managing to hide the fact that her comment had stung. "How did you handle everything with Flint?"

"Told him the truth - that you happened to be there when Flint made a pass at me. But I didn't know that we would be working together at the time. Everything else... well, didn't want to get into that right now. As I said," she replied. Draco nodded.

"You think you could help me put this together?" Draco asked. Olivia stared at him a few moments and then smiled.

"Sure," she said, walking over to grab an apron off a hook on the wall and putting it on. Draco watched her, causing her to stop. "Just in case we screwed up the calculations again."

For whatever reason, Draco found himself chuckling.

"Probably not a bad idea," he said, walking over to pull one on himself.

The two set to work in mostly silence, though it wasn't uncomfortable. They only really spoke to ask questions about ingredients, the two checking with each other before adding anything. It was far smoother than any other time that Olivia had been in his office and Draco found himself enjoying it, though part of him missed the banter just a bit.

They were chopping up roots when Draco glanced over at her.

"Any luck with the Night Heather?" he asked, wondering if she had actually looked into it. Olivia sighed heavily.

"The board said no," she said, frowning. "But I'm tracking down some other leads..."

"You mean the black market?" Draco asked, his eyebrows rising slightly. That didn't seem like something she would do. Perhaps there was a devious side to her. Actually, well, he already knew that. But... no. He was not about to think about that night again.

"Saving that for a last resort, but I still have some other options," she said, tensing slightly. She glanced at him. "I'm thinking about asking my father..."

"Your father?" Draco asked, now understanding why she was tense. She nodded.

"He works in import and exports - rare and sometimes dangerous items. If anyone can get us Night Heather, it's him. Though I don't really like asking him for help... But it's that, black market or trying to grow it ourselves," she said. She then stopped, looking up. "Though... that might be a better option..."

"Isn't it illegal to grow without a license?" Draco asked. Olivia shrugged, returning to her work.

"It's a possibility," she said. She then gathered up the roots, preparing to put them in the cauldron. She then stopped, frowning as she looked at the swirling liquid. "Something seems off."

Draco looked at the cauldron, thinking that it was progressing as intended.

"We should be fine," he countered.