Chapter 4

Shit, I forgot I didn't tell them I was pregnant. I nervously bit my bottom lip staring at my wide eyed brother.

"Uh yea guys that was um Kate" I said awkwardly.

"Who's the mother?" Jake asked.

"Uh yea, that would be me." My brother's eyes hardened. I couldn't help but see the disappointment in his eyes.

"So you left everything behind for that little shit? I needed you and you left!" He yelled angrily growling at me.

Whoa... oh hell no. He did not just call my daughter a little shit!

"Whoa, whoa mister bitchybitchbitch; I left for a bunch of reasons one, because of you, two because yes I was pregnant. Now I'm glad I left! I'm going to get my kid and I'm going to go somewhere else. I'm not putting up with your ass." I growled out.

I went upstairs and picking up Kate. I would get our stuff tomorrow. I sighed softly rubbing her back. I looked around my room to see if I needed anything else. Not finding anything I left out to my car where Kaley was standing beside it.

"Do you want to stay with me?" I asked her quietly once I was close enough.

"You know I can't because your brother." She replied frowning.

"So screw him! Come spend some time with me please!" I quietly begged not wanting to wake up Kate.

"I thought about it," she sighed.

"Okay." I nodded my head giving her a small smile.

She went to her car sitting inside. I quickly buckled Kate in her car seat sitting in the driver's seat. I followed her to the pack house. About fifteen minutes we arrived at the mansion.

We both parked our cars. As I got out taking Kate out from the back, I noticed that I parked next to Nathan's car. I gently took Kate out from her seat. Kaley lead us inside where Nathan was angry waiting for Kaley. That is until he saw me. His faced turned to a pained calmed expression. He quickly recovered turning his anger back to Kate. I held my baby close in a protective manner

"Who did this?" He growled looking at my precious angel in my arms.

"None of your business," I snapped.

"None of my fucking business?!" He roared "I am you fucking mate!"

"No Nathan," I shook my head trying to stay calm. "I was your mate."

Kate whimpered in my arms waking up, "Mommy I'm scared."

"Way'da go Nate," I glared at him. "Honey mommy's right here but I need you to go with Aunty Kaley." She rubbed her eyes and reached her hands out for Kaley to take her. Kaley smiled taking her out my hands.

"You have no right to get mad at me. You rejected me!" I exclaimed. Kaley quickly walked out the room. I knew that the conversation was going to escalate and I didn't want Kate to hear any of it.

"Whose fucking child is that?" He growled clinching and unclenching his fist.

"Like I state before. None of your business." I snapped crossing my hands across my chest.

"Like hell," he growled viscously.

"You damn asshole! Can't you see?! She is yours!" I screamed at him. I shook my head walking away to find my daughter. I didn't have the chance to fed her so I had no doubt that she was hungry. But Kaley beat me to it.

Kaley was sitting on a stool feeding Kate pieces of pancakes "Kal you do know she can eat by herself right."

"Yes, but I wanted to do It." I chuckled and smiled at my baby girl until Nate came in.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked hurting all over his face.

"You rejected me I didn't want that to happen to her." He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the hall. He pushed me up against the wall. I blinked stuck in the moment. I opened my mouth to speak when I felt his lips meet mine. I closed my mouth not allowing his tongue to enter. He nimble on my bottom lip, he pinched my bottom making me gasp. I gave in to the kiss. I pulled back needing to breathe.

"I will never hurt you guys again. Please stay." He begged whispering breathlessly.

"I want to forgive you Nathan. But I need more time," I replied lying my head on the wall. He looked down at me nodding. I watched him walk away sighing.

I left the hallway back over to Kate. I cleaned her eating mess and took her upstairs so she could take a shower. After I dressed her she grabbed her yellow blanket and went to her bed I tucked her in and crawled right into my own bed. My mind wondered around thinking about the kiss Nathan and I shared. I wanted to know if he truly wanted me back, or if he was just going to use me again. Thinking so hard, I closed my eye lids as sleep consumed me.

I woke up with a start to Kate screaming. I jumped up and ran to my screaming baby girl while everyone else ran in.

"What's going on?" Kaley asked worriedly.

"I don't know!" I quickly grabbed her and ran to the bathroom. I ran some cold water filling the tub. I stripped her to her underwear and set her inside. I crawled in with her, fully clothed in my pajamas. I began rocking her back and forth so she would calm down. After about thirty minutes I managed to have her settled. She was awake but quiet.

I picked her up and wrapped her in a towel and I did the same for me. We walked into the bedroom where Nathan was on the bed. I looked closely at him noticing the tear streaks on his face.

"Were you crying?" I asked him quietly sitting Kate in the bed.

"Yes that's our daughter that was screaming a few minutes ago."

I smiled at his saying of our daughter. He stayed in the room as I put her in another pair of underwear and a onesie. Nathan walked over picking her up. She held onto him as he walked towards her bed. He placed a kiss on her forehead when he laid her down.

Finally he came to my bed laying in it. I smiled and got on it with him. He wrapped his arms around my waist kissing my forehead. Maybe I should give him a chance.