Midnight Snack | Rosé

Start from the beginning

"Maybe I should stick to cookies..." I said and got everything ready. Surprisingly, I didn't make a mistake during my search for the ingredients, which was rather odd.

I took my phone from the countertop and searched up the recipe, trying to find an easy and simple one. "Mix butter with white and brown sugar, mix until light and smooth" I read out loud while doing exactly what was instructed, carefully mixing the sugars with the butter.

Cautiously proceeding to the next step, I poured in the next ingredient while stirring mindlessly. It was a rather eerie evening, I was alone in the middle of the night, so that was to be expected. But at the same time, the silence was comforting.

It gave me the chance to reminisce about the past, process the things going on in the present, and also think about the future.

Getting through university isn't easy, life wasn't always nice, and Rosie wasn't some kind of perfect woman who made no mistakes. She had her flaws and bad sides too, so fights broke out once in a while. It was nothing too serious, so we make up pretty easily.

I tend to remember the most random things out of the blue, so when my first encounter with Chaeyoung played inside my mind, I wasn't surprised.

We were both 9 when we first met. At that time the both of us didn't get along due to our rivalry. We always scored the same points, had the same grades, and were on the same level when it came to sports─ We were tied and were always competing for first place in all categories.

Coincidentally, we went to the same high school and even got into the same university. It was as if the universe was telling us we were destined to be rivals.

That is, until we became dormmmates. After spending a lot of time together, we both realized the other wasn't so bad, after all. Our rivalry eventually subsided─ hostility turning into amity, hatred into love and rivals to lovers.

It was just like any typical love story you'll see on tv or read on books. As cliché as it was, it was still a very charming and memorable journey with the one I love.

Lost in my thoughts, I got careless and accidentally dropped my phone. When I kneeled down to get it, I hit my head on the countertop after trying to stand and yelped loudly.

Immediately after realizing what I had done, I covered my mouth in a hurry while shifting my eyes upstairs, checking if Rosie woke up.

I sighed in relief when no shuffling was heard, a sign that Chae was still asleep. "Gosh, I really need to be more careful..."