Love In An Apocalypse | Sana

𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝? | 𝐲𝐞𝐬✅

Maki_EhL

I've never written stories that involve zombies before and I never really read stuff with that genre so this is kind of lacking in some areas. I'm truly sorry if this doesn't satisfy you (╥_╥)

Y/n L/n's POV

My heavy breathing caused the air I exhaled from my lungs to be seen during this cold, rainy night while I ran through the wet streets of the dead city where I used to call my home. A beautiful yet crowded place became the exact opposite in a blink of an eye, everything happened so quickly that it took me awhile to finally process what was going on─

The world was finally ending...

A couple of months ago I was only sitting with my friends at our usual spot in our high school when a number of man-eating creatures attacked the school, biting and eating everyone then turning them into one of their own.

The sight of my friends getting left behind was tattooed in my mind, their sobs rang inside my ears every time I tried to sleep, resulting me to have restless nights and the scars and bruises they received that day haunted me like a ghost who despised me with everything they had. The fact that I witnessed them losing hope and blood traumatized me completely.

This was probably my punishment for not being able to save them during the beginning of the apocalypse, to have zombies chase after me until my legs eventually give up and see my life flash right before my eyes. As if the sleepless nights because of the constant screams I hear inside my head and the times I felt like dying because of hunger weren't enough, the walking dead decided to just kill me right there and then.

And nothing seemed more satisfying at that moment, to die and then join my friends who I failed to protect. That was the perfect punishment for me, it sounded like it would finally end my suffering so why?...

"Why am I still running for my life?!" I screamed with tears flowing out of my eyes like a waterfall as the zombies behind me started getting closer and closer. "I want to die! I really want to die but why am I still running?!"

My feet were as cold as ice and my whole body was sore, I could already see how this would end. A few seconds from now, my legs will give up on me and I'll fall, leaving me with no more chances to escape. And when my final droplet of hope is gone, the zombies will pounce on me and kill me. That's exactly how I saw it, that's exactly how it was supposed to happen so why in the world did I end up being carried away by someone after killing all those monsters that were after me?

My eyes were getting heavier each second that passed, if I didn't die from getting eaten by those zombies earlier, then I'll surely die here. I haven't had a single drop of water in days and my small supply of food ran out 2 days ago, there was no way I'll be able to see the light of day again. A silent sigh escaped my lips when my eyes slowly began to close.

It's a shame I couldn't get to thank whoever saved me or even at least take a simple glance at them, I had no more energy left to even keep my eyes open. I had always wished to see one more living being in this hell but as always, nothing went my way...