꧁Don't Blame the Dog: Chapter 5꧂

En başından başla

A part of him melted - glad to know that even when Lily would die a part of her would live on through their son.

And then he wanted to giggle because it finally hit him that Lily Evans would actually become Lily Potter.

"Oh..." the boy started, awkwardly brushing a hand through his hair. "I just thought after this morning you were-"

"-We were what?" Sirius questioned, blonde eyebrow-raising in suspicion.

Harry shot the boy an undecipherable look.

"Well you just seemed to be harassing Y/n is all..." he trailed off, a blush spreading to his ears.

"We weren't," James finally spoke up, noticing his son's expression only hardening, "we just wanted directions is all."

"So you decided to ask Y/n, that's the one person you came across?" Harry snapped.

James nearly jumped in shock at the cutting voice the boy had used, and he could only pray he didn't hear Sirius jokingly mutter, "possessive much?" under his breath.

"We didn't know who she was," Remus swore quickly.

"Oh," Harry said lamely, suddenly looking pink in the face.

There was an awkward silence as the four boys assessed each other. Harry's friend was determinedly shuffling through his trunk to, what James assumed, look busy. Once he obviously couldn't find anything he slowly turned around to face the group.

"You should come down to the feast with us," he offered as a way to break ground. "I'm Ron Weasley by the way."

"We'd be delighted," Remus said slowly, then turning to James and Sirius to introduce the three of them.

"Our friend, Hermione, and Y/n must be waiting in the common room," Ron said as they traveled out of their dorm room.

Alas, as they entered the surprisingly dead room, a bushy-haired girl jumped from her seat next to Y/n and paced over to them.

"I heard from Professor McGonagall that there were new students," she said in a bright tone, and then indicated where Lily and M/n were seated across the room. "I'm Hermione Granger - I introduced myself to Audrey and R/n earlier and told them I'd be glad to show everyone around."

Sirius gave a low whistle, sharing an amused look with James, who knew exactly what he was thinking. The girl seemed to be overly enthused over the mere idea of giving them a tour.

"Woah there, 'mione," Y/n suddenly appeared, giving an apologetic smile to the boys. "I convinced her to try these coffezuke bombs I got from Honeydukes."

Ron gave a snort, eyeing Lily and M/n joining the group.

"Well I'm Wilfred," James said, "that's Audrey and R/n" he pointed to a melancholy Lily and scowling M/n "that's Darren" Remus gave a smile "and that bloke over there is Randy."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Hermione swooped in, wide grin in tow. 

James's eyes couldn't help but draw to Y/n. She stood by her friend in an almost protective manner, and the feeling of respect swooped through him. Here was a girl that had been through so much, yet she was still willing to do anything for her friends.

Then again, he didn't seem to be the only one looking at Y/n. The now blond boy turned his head to find Harry absolutely absorbed with her. A slight smile decorated his face and his eyes shone a little brighter.

A rumble interrupted his thought process, and the group as a whole decided to venture to the great hall before the food disappeared. It turned out to be a struggle to walk with the group as a whole, but James still managed to catch Lily mumble a "She seems amazing, M/n/n," to M/n, who pretended not to catch on to what she said.