Day One̷

"Good morning, sleepy head..."

Waking up to Mark̸̡̢̖̥͙̳̲͊̽͛̀s soothing voice makes you smile. You sit up, grateful that he is the first thing you see each morning. He hands you a warm plate, filled with your favourite breakfast. After you thank him, he places a soft kiss on your lips, which you return. "I love you, Y/N" he says, making you blush.

"I love you too, Mark." You call to him as he leaves your bedroom. Once he's gone, you smile to yourself and start to eat. You think about how happy Mark has made you. He does so much for you, and doesn't expect anything in return, which you love about him.

You and Mark have made the picture-perfect life together, which is all you need̸̺̲̖̱͈̀͋͛̀̈́́̀̉͐

As you're eating, you catch a glimpse outside the window. The sun is beaming, casting a warm glow into the room. This fills you with excitement, seeing as you and Mark have planned a date today.

 Perfect weather for a p̷e̷r̷f̷e̷c̷t̷ date. 

Once you finish your meal, you take the plate downstairs. Mark is waiting for you in the kitchen, his eyes lighting up as soon as you enter the room. You step towards the sink, but he steps in front of you and takes the plate off you to wash it, as much as you insist you can do it yourself.

"Relax, sweetheart. I'll do it. Why don't you start getting ready?"

You plant a quick kiss on his cheek and make your way to the bathroom. Just as you're about to get in the shower, a faint, high-pitched ringing fills your head. Assuming that you're just tired, you decide to ignore it and get in the shower. Once you step out, the bathroom is filled with warm, steamy air. It fogs up the mirror as always, but something about it seemed off. Dismissing the strange feeling, you continue getting ready- drying yourself off and getting changed into an outfit that you know Mark would like.

You step back into the bathroom but stop in shock as you see the mirror. It is still fogged up, but there are words drawn on it.

LET   ME   IN

Gasping, you rush out of the bathroom to see Mark stood outside. He notices your shocked face and takes your hand.

"Are you okay?" he asks, concerned. You pull him into the bathroom, only to see the message completely gone.

"It was right here..."

"Shh, Y/N." Mark says, "Everything's okay."

"But it was- "

"You must be tired. Why don't you have a nap? "

Reluctantly, you agree.

He knows what's best for you, after all. Mark lays in bed right next to you as you slowly begin to drift off. 

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝓀