The Big Apple

I'm running, running for my life, holding his hand. Why must my life come to an end? We run and run, never giving up. The demon catching up to us, throwing ice spear at us, speeding past us. Is this the end? We run down an ally, but soon to find a dead end. "You can't run from death Red," the devil said in a cold voice. "Shall we end this?" I pull the boy behind me, shielding him with my wings and body. "I don't think so." I replied as the demon let out a emotionless laugh.

"Angels don't live forever Red." She said in a evil voice sending a cold spear right into my heart. The boy holds me into his arms as I slowly fade away. "Red," he calls. "Please...stay with me, I need you...I love you!" I feel his lips crush against mine just as my heart stops and my soul leaves my, now lifeless body. I Love you too...Max.

I slowly wake feeling pain all over, fight to open my eyes, I could tell I'm no longer above in the sky's but down on the earth below. I slowly open my eyes sitting up; where am I? I look around to find myself on some kind on green building or statue. I must of landed on the very top or somewhere close there; that's when I realize I landed on Lady Liberty, I must be in New York City. Oh just great...I Stand gripping rail of the crown, as i look around I see a young blonde boy about my age or a little old, sitting on the edge looking depressed and down. "H-Hey..b-be careful there.." I said, I know what hes planning..he's planning to jump. He looks at me, not a care in the world of what I was saying. 

I try to reach for him before he jumps but I miss but s inch and he jumps. I dive right after him not thinking if my wings still work as I unfold them out, quickly put them to my side driving towards him...reaching for his hand. I reach to quickly grab his hand and once I had his hand my wings spread out to catch air and flap. Holy shit he's heavy, I flap and flap my wings; trying to get to land, and rest my wings. Once there I drop him, but he wasn't that far of the ground. I land hard, trying to relax my sore wings.