The Transformation

Start from the beginning

"I just want to go home, Your Majesty." I said, which wasn't entirely a lie.

"Hmm. I don't care. You're a Daughter of Eve." She said before raising her staff. I fell to the ground in fear. She was going to kill me!

"Wait, Your Majesty!" Maugrim quickly stopped her. 

"What?!" The Queen spun around, her voice dripping with venom.

"Her blood will attract the scents of Narnian scouts, they'll find her and realize that the prophecy may be coming true and they'll start planning an uprising." The wolf reasoned. 

She stayed silent for a few seconds, looking back at me.

"I forget how smart you are, Captain." The Witch said as she lowered her staff. Meanwhile, I was still lying on the ground, trembling with fear.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." The wolf bowed. 

"Shut up." The Witch rolled her eyes. 

"We can't take her with us either because they'll track her scent." The Witch thought out loud. I looked at the emptiness in her eyes and realized that she was planning different ways to get rid of me. 

"What to do? What to do?" She tsked menacingly, seeing my terror. Suddenly, her face lit up with a creepy smile.

"We can't let you remain a human, so I'll turn you into an animal. But you still could tell people, so... I'll just curse you so you can't talk. No human. No asking for help." The Witch said, sending a petrifying feeling down my spine.

She waved her wand and I shielded myself with my hands. Suddenly, my body began to change and my hands disappeared. I watched as my vision lowered to the ground and felt the posture of my body change.

"There! All done. Now.. I'll let nature do the rest." She laughed manically before getting back into her sleigh. 

The dwarf returned, dragging Tumnus behind him - he was bruised and battered. I looked at the wolf and glared at him. 

"You only said wolves. Not dwarves." The wolf laughed. I wanted to call out to Tumnus but I couldn't. I couldn't even make a noise. The dwarf put him into the sleigh before going to the front and sitting. He whipped the reindeer making them take off, leaving me with Maugrim.

"Now, as my Queen said, nature will take its course. I'll give you a few hours head start before my pack and I hunt you down and kill you. Good luck, human beast." The wolf laughed again before running off after the Witch with his pack.

I knew that she had said she was going to change me into an animal, but what was I? I looked down and saw golden paws beneath me. I turned around and saw my yellow body and long tail. I could even see my nose.

I was a lioness. Why did she choose this form and not like a rat or something? 

Not wasting any time, I took off running in the opposite direction, north - remembering Tumnus' directions to the Stone Table. I looked up to where the Sun was and put a mental compass in my head. I was also hoping that their sun was the same as ours back home - rising in the east and setting in the west. I could barely make the sun out through the thick clouds but I found it.

Running as a lioness was much easier than running as a human, but I knew that the wolves would be tracking me, so I sometimes doubled back to confuse them or ran in a zigzag pattern, although I wasn't sure if it helped.

I ran until I came to a clearing, which seemed to be a big lake that was frozen over. At the end of it, I spotted a small brown sleigh, I could tell that that wasn't the Witch's which settled my fear. Taking my chances, I ran towards it and came up to it slowly. I started to smell and listen - making sure it was safe - something that I didn't realize I was doing until I stopped. Instinctual habit maybe?