Insanity can save you

Start from the beginning

"Yes Elena, you must own up to your mistakes. Kill yourself. Kill yourself in respect for the life you took. Kill yourself before you can kill again." Katherine sneered. That's when Elena's eyes became unfocused again and I knew I wouldn't be able to get through to her anymore. With a sigh I walked out of the room, making sure to lock the door again and then heading over to Rebekah's house. Only to find she wasn't there. In fact, I hadn't seen her since that night with Klaus. Annoyance filled me as I realized the truth. Klaus totally daggered her that night after he got the information out of her. Oh he was in so much trouble! I hurried over to the grill where I found him conversing with Caroline.

Okay, he was no longer just in trouble. He was in deep shit. I stomped over to him and gave Caroline a glare. "Away." I told her, shooing her off. She looked between the two of and walked off, sensing my anger waves rolling off my body. I turned to Klaus, who was smirking devilishly.

"You're adorable love. Jealousy really does suit you." He teased. I gave him my 'I'm not amused' look.

"Okay it seems we need to have a talk. I let last time go because I got my revenge-"

"Wait, when did you get revenge?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

"Oh I made out your brother." I said dismissively.

"Elijah?" He growled. I gave him a 'are you serious?' look.

"No stupid, Elijah's missing. Kol." I told him, giving him a duh look. His eyes darkened.

"You made out with my brother?" He snapped angrily.

"Well no, technically it was just a kiss. And I was half kidding when I said it." I explained but that didn't seem to soothe his anger at all. And suddenly I was surrounded by a small group of his hybrids. He pulled a dagger from his coat pocket.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked, suddenly hearing the warming bells ringing in my head. He wouldn't dare...

"I'm sorry, angel. But I'm afraid you're not going to like my actions from now on and you'll be a little detrimental if you stay awake." He told me, his eyes showing true remorse but also determination. I hardened my gaze at him, watching as the hybrids watched me with predatory eyes.

"Klaus, you can't. This is not okay. What are you going to do that's so awful?" I asked.

"We're going after the cure." Klaus said and as my eyes widened and I opened my eyes to respond he shoved the dagger through my heart. I gasped, pain overriding my senses.

"How?" I managed to choke out as the effects started to take over me.

"Funny thing about white oak. I found out that it works just as well on you as it does me and my family." He says and then I fell, everything going black.

***

I groaned in pain, clutching my head tightly. "Wakey wakey, Ella." A voice called and I fluttered my eyes open. It was bright and Rebekah's face hovered above me, smirking slightly. I jumped up, taking in my surroundings.

"What happened?" I groaned.

"Well I'm not sure but the theory is, is that Klaus didn't want you to get in his way with his new plans and daggered you. Join the team." She told me. I didn't know whether I felt like screaming in rage or crying in despair that he did this too me. All I know was that I was currently a wreck of emotions because of him. Without another word to Rebekah I stomped out of her house and towards his house, only to find he was gone. Frustrated, I headed to the Mystic Grill where I then heard about a winter party going on. Knowing Klaus wasn't one to miss a party, I stalked right over there. I found him sitting on a park bench, drink in hand and an upset look on his face. I stomped right over to him and he just sighed when he saw me.

"Who woke you up?" He asked, taking another swig of his drink. I slapped the drink from his hand and it shattered against the ground.

"Look at me." I ordered. He didn't, instead just glared at where the drink had shattered. "Look at me you selfish son of a bitch!" I screamed. He snapped his eyes up to mine, eyes flaring and he stood up.

"What do you want? I'm in a bit of a bad mood at the moment love so I suggest you wait till later to get angry." He hissed and looked ready to hiss at me again but I cut off any words he would've said when my hand pulled back and slapped him across the face. His head snapped to the side and stayed there for a moment before turning to look at me again to see angry tears in my eyes.

"How could you? You claim to love me, to care about me, but people who love each other don't dagger each other! They don't backstab each other, they don't hurt each other!" I shrieked, tears streaming down my face.

"I'm serious sweetheart, you need to leave. I just had to kill all of my hybrids. Did you know Tyler Lockwood freed all of my hybrids from the sire bond? Now I'm all alone again." He shouted back at me. I flinched and then turned to glare at him again.

"Alone? Alone! I have spent twenty-four hours and seven days each week loving you, being with you, and helping you as much as I can! And what do you do? You dagger me, you betray me, and I'm starting to think you don't love me like I love you! You want to complain about being alone, Klaus? Try living like me. I have no one in this world who would fight for me and love through every bad thing I've ever done like I did for you! Who would give up everything for me like I gave everything up for you! You don't know what loneliness feels like! Not till you love someone as much as I do and they don't love you back enough! You claim that everyone leaves you, but all you do is push them away. Because the truth of the matter is Klaus, you care more about yourself then you care about anything else, being loved included. So congratulations, Klaus. Enjoy eternity alone, but hey at least you'll be alive right? Now, what will you be living for? You will be alone, just as you want! I'm done loving you, and caring for you and trying to help you! I'm leaving this hellish town and this damned relationship that I don't even know what is!" I screamed and then I turned around and started to walk off. However he grabbed my wrist and spun me back around. Tears had gathered in his eyes now.

"You cannot leave." He said quietly. I shook my head.

"I love you Klaus, but I can't do this anymore. All we do is betray each other, and like a switch we're either friends or enemies. I love you, but I'm done. Love is supposed to be based on completing each other. I give you the love you need, but I don't ever get anything in return to make me complete. I'm done." I whispered harshly and yanked my wrist free from his grip and raced off, leaving him behind, alone. Just as he likes it.

And just as I like it as well.

***