Chapter 1

Jane felt the harsh rays of sun burning her eyelids. She rolled out of bed rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She pulled off her pajamas and threw them in the dirty laundry basket. She then pulled on a denim skirt, white lacy tank top, and a pink sweater. She combed her wildly curly blond her hair into a pony tail. She grabbed some white flats and ran for the stairs.

"Get down here, Jane, it's time for breakfast" Venus Mayer yelled up the stairs.

"Coming" Jane yelled in reply. Then Chris, her half brother, shoved her out of the way and she almost toppled over. "Chris! Gosh, are you like two years old?!"

"Maybe" Chris said with a smile, and slid down the banister.

Jane ran behind Chris down the stairs. They met Michelle, Jane's half sister and Chris' twin, and mom in the kitchen. "There you guys are! It took you long enough. We are having eggs, toast, and juice" Michelle announced.

"Whatever” Chris and Jane said in unison. They looked at each other and stuck out their tungues. They rolled their eyes away from each other.

"Sometimes I think it's you two who are the twins" Michelle said. Chris and Jane looked at each other again.

"Ew" They said and turned away.

"Exactly" Michelle said smiling.

After breakfast Jane ran out the door. She sat on the bench at the bus stop to catch her breath. Then something tapped her shoulder and she jumped. She heard laughing behind her. Jane turned around. There stood her best friend, Jaden.

"Jane, that was so funny" He said laughing.

"What's so funny? Were you trying to give me a heart attack?" Jane replied.

"Oh, the bus is leaving. Run!" Jaden yelled.

Jane and Jaden ran for the bus but missed it. "Oh, well we can take my car" Jaden said.

He had a red neon. ya, ew.

They talked and joked the entire way to school. Jane saw her brother and sister pull up next to them in the parking lot. They looked exactly alike. Dark brown hair and eyes, and Jane had curly blond hair and blue eyes. 

Jane was about to walk into school when she got a phone call. "Hello?" Jane answered

"Hey, Jane, it's mom. I signed you up for the audition for that new movie" Venus said.

"What?! I said I didn't want to do that because I am going to Africa this summer, and I don't have time for it." I whined. 

"Honey, I already signed you up. And anyways, who wants to go to Africa?"

"I do!" Jane yelled. She was fuming, and hadn't realized she was pacing. Then she noticed that no one was out side "I have to go. I am going to be late for school"

--

When Jane got to her first class she was glad. They hadn't started yet. She took her seat and pulled out her ponytail. She hated history. Jane sat back and closed her eyes. She felt someone nudge her foot.

A girl sitting next to her handed her a note. She opened it and she saw it was from Michelle. It said "Your hair looks like a rat's nest"

Jane wrote "Real original, Michelle"

That was it of the notes, thankfully. When she got out of European history she had about three minutes until social studies. When she got to her locker she checked her phone. She had a text from her mom. It said "Meet me at the Nicholson auditorium at 4"

She wrote back "fine"

--

After school Jane had Chris drive her to the auditorium were Venus was waiting. She gave Jane a piece of paper with the number 43. Jane thought that was strange since there would be thousands auditioning.