Introduction

     There is a lot that Sabrina isn't, and a lot that she wishes that she is, but she knows that it's useless pondering what could have been. 

What could have been is something that will never be: for example, Sabrina knows that she will never have a family—not a real one, anyway, that one abandoned her years ago—so they try not to fantasize about a world in which that could have been when she lays in bed at night (Wong says this makes her unstable, and they suppose that he isn't wrong).  They also know that they will never be a Master of the Mystic Arts so they try not to picture a world in which they're celebrated for their achievements, in which they are enough.  Another thing that Sabrina will never be: normal.  Normalcy is something that Sabrina knows she will never attain—all chances of normalcy were botched the moment that they were deemed to be a conduit of Chaos. 

Chaos is something that's found everywhere in the universe, embroidered into the very fabrics of reality.  We live in a world where one choice causes a domino effect of consequences; where the flapping of a butterfly's wings can cause a tornado; where the choices that we do not make create entire universes in which we did make them.  Each and every one of us can be a conduit of Chaos if we have what it takes to harness it.  Chaos is something that lays deep within Sabrina, within the very marrow of her bones—you can see it in the way she recklessly chooses her battles, in how she manages to burn everything she tries to cook, in the red tint of her magic. 

Sabrina is hunted.  There's something out there that wants to break her bones and suck the Chaos from her marrow.  And The Ancient One is hiding it from her.