Seagazing and Ice crane

Start from the beginning

"Thanks." Smiled Shenhe.

Jade chamber

Bai Wen stared at the Sunset Vermillionlite we retrieved in shock.

"You are a winner alright!" Yells Bai Wen excitedly as she ran to tell Ningguang what we brought.

"Thanks." We replied.

Bai Wen quickly wrote our names on the paper and placed it under the Sunset Vermillionlite we had brought.

"Good luck." Bai Wen waves as we walked away.

Later that evening

After dinner, I was about to head to my teapot to rest.

"Hey you want to stay with us?" Paimon asked Shenhe as she showed her our teapot abode.

"Sure." Replied Shenhe.

Shenhe went inside the pavilion and went straight to sleep.

Paimon and I went to get dinner with Itto.

Xiao's still not home. Guess he's pretty busy today.

I was going to call his name but I should let him spend more time with his friends in Liyue, after all its been a while since he spent time with them.

I stopped myself from calling his name and continued eating the surprisingly delicious noodle and meat dish Itto cooked.

"That was is so good!" I replied after I finished.

"Glad you like it!" Smiled Itto.

We heard a crane's call outside my teapot.

"Hmm another guest?!" Asked Itto, looking at the window hopefuy.

"Let's go check." I nod to Paimon.

We stepped outside to find Cloud Retainer.

"Thought I'd find you two here." Began the colorful Crane adeptus.

"Hello, Cloud Retainer Yun Cai Zheng Jun." I greeted polietly.

(云彩真君, colorful clouds real adeptus)

"Hello Mrs. Cloud Retainer..." Began Paimon.

" 本仙 came here to check up on Shenhe..." Began Cloud retainer。

(本仙  ben xian means oneself/adeptus)

"Oh... she's asleep." Replied Paimon.

"本仙 trusts Shenhe is doing well?" Asked Cloud retainer.

"Shenhe is doing well, but we're a bit concerned about her diet..." I began.

"What Y/N trying to say is Shenhe should eat more delicious foods!" Interupts Paimon.

Cloud Retainer chuckles, "Interesting." She replies, then adds, "there is a rather sad story behind that," her beak frowning a little.

"Oh, and what it may be?" I asked, curious.

Cloud retainer looks at us, "Shenhe didn't have the best childhood, her parents and villagers abandoned her for some sort of belief she was a cursed child with dark energy. She had helped take down a monster the poor child...  Moon carver once performed a divination for her. He declared that her fate is to bear the curse of calamity. Consumed by malevolent energy, she is prone to bring harm to those around her. Such is the magnitude of the danger this poses that her soul must be vound with red roles to keep her hoimicidal instinct at bay. I then took her in because 本仙 wanted to give this child a better life. She was cared, trained, and teached by me." Explained Cloud Retainer.

"I'm sorry to hear that-" I began, slightly sad.

"She is happy now and 本仙 was hoping she returns to the mortal realm of Liyue instead of staying in the Adeptal abodes with us. A human raised by the Adepti is what Liyue needs right now. It is also what the Adepti wish to give to Liyue." Replied Cloud Retainer.

"We'll ask her tomorrow about that..." I began.

"Please don't tell 本仙 I was here..." Began Cloud Retainer awkwardly.

"It's fine, we won't but we'll just ask her if she wants to stay in Liyue." I replied.

"You have my thanks." Replied Cloud Retainer as she flew off.

We went back inside the mansion.

"Where did the guest go?" Asked Itto.

"She went home." Replied a voice behind him.

Shenhe had woken up from her sleep.

"Oh no, sorry to wake you..." We all apologized.

"No, it's fine, I heard everything. And to answer her question, I think I just might stay in Liyue." Smiled Shenhe.

"Well that means we can all sleep in peace now!" Giggled Paimon.

Itto shrugged and went back to checking on the other guests of the teapot.