Chapter 4: Welcome home

Mulai dari awal

"Gently," Naomi told the girl as they poured it carefully. "There you go, let's just wait for it to make bubbles then we can flip it."

"Okay, cool," Hiyori replied as she stared at the forming pancake on the pan.

"Why did you suddenly ask me to teach you to cook?" Naomi asked. Hiyori shot a glance at her and let out a small sigh.

"I'm just curious," she softly muttered.

The girl asked Naomi to teach her how to cook while working in the diner. It's been years since Hiyori worked for her but she doesn't have any clue to make food.

She came into the diner earlier that day with a determined look as she asked Naomi to teach her how to cook.

"Is it for Cobra?" Naomi asked her and the girl immediately shake her head.

"Definitely not, but I do want to cook him something," Hiyori said and shrugged. Naomi told her that it was time to flip the pancakes. She scooped it up using a spatula and turned it fast.

Hiyori chuckled as she did it perfectly.

"That's good," Naomi complimented and smiled proudly at the girl. "So what do you want to make him?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe anything edible that I can cook," she said. That was true, she has no choice but to pick anything that is easy to cook and she can perfectly make. Naomi giggled at her answer.

"I hope you don't kill him," Naomi teased. Hiyori widened her eyes and scoffed in disbelief.

"You're getting meaner by the day," Hiyori mocked and the brown-haired girl shoved her lightly as they both laughed.

"You know, you're my best friend, right?" Hiyori suddenly mumbled making Naomi stare at her for a few seconds.

"What's gotten into you?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to tell you that I regained some of my memories," Hiyori told her. Naomi turned her body to completely face the girl. Hiyori turned off the stove as she put the cooked pancake on a plate.

"And, what happened?" the brown-haired girl asked, completely shifting her attention to Hiyori.

"I met my brothers," she mumbled with a smile.

"Really? You have brothers?! I'm so happy for you!" Naomi exclaimed and hugged the girl making the latter lightly laugh. Naomi pulled back after a few seconds.

"Thanks, I'm happy, too," Hiyori grinned and leaned her head on Naomi's shoulder which the latter wrapped her arm around her shoulders.

"Turns out you still have family out there, huh?" the brown-haired girl whispered. Hiyori frowned as she pulled her head on the girl's shoulder and looked at her.

"I do have a family. Right here," she said.

"You're making me cry," Naomi told her. Hiyori laughed a bit loud making the other girl playfully slap her arm.

"Don't laugh!"

"Aw, love you, Nao-chan~," Hiyori said and hugged her side. The brown-haired girl is a few centimeters taller than her so she leaned her head on Naomi's arm.

"Love you, too."

• • •

All of them, except Cobra, prepared for Noboru's welcoming party at the diner. They prepared decorations and food.