Affection

Warnings: Light arguing

"Sometimes I don't understand you, Jug." You heaved out a heavy sigh, arms crossing your chest. You two were currently inside your living room with your parents gone for the weekend. However, tonight unfolded something new. You and Jughead had been dating for several months now, while keeping the relationship on the hush side. The only people who truly knew were Betty, Archie, Veronica, and Cheryl.

"Yeah? A lot of people don't understand me, (Y/N). And you're just realizing that now?" Jughead shot back suddenly, the scowl present on his face. You hated arguing with him, but you felt you had good reasonings for this particular argument. You wanted affection from your boyfriend, but instead he didn't show it. You understood no PDA. You weren't one who enjoyed making out in front of people, but a casual hand hold or hug was always appropriate in both of your books.

Your issue with Jughead was that even in privacy, he didn't choose to display any affection towards you. He wasn't someone who dwelled in cuddling, exchange of kisses, or anything of that sort. You knew he had it rough coming up, but you felt like you two deserved at least that much.

"I'm weird, (Y/N). Have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on?" He pointed to his famous beanie. Shuffling your feet, you looked down at the floor. "I'm just saying..." You whispered, unable to speak loudly. "You're my boyfriend and I want nothing more than to feel like you are, but you always push me away." You turned around as soon as you began to feel tears pricking at the corners of your eyes.

You heard Jughead sigh, indicating he knew you were upset.

"(Y/N)," He reached for your arm, but you took a step away.

"No," You sniffled. "I get it. You had a rough life. Affection isn't something you're used to. Don't worry, I hear you."

You made a beeline for the kitchen, unable to hold it in. Jughead didn't follow. He knew you needed some time to cool off. However, he solemnly made his way towards the large sofa sitting in the middle of your living room. You glanced across the bar to see him sitting there with his back turned to you.

Grabbing a water, you sipped it lightly, your emotions residing.

After about fifteen minutes of you being gone, you heard him shuffle. "(Y/N)?" Jughead said your name like a sweet melody. "Come here," Without mumbling a single word, you slowly walked into the living room. Jughead's eyes met yours as he opened his arms.

"What?" You whispered, unsure of what he was getting at.

He cleared his throat, obviously thinking on what had just happened.

"You want me to be a more affectionate boyfriend? Then let's do it." He wiggled his fingers, motioning for you to sit beside him.

Still a bit cautious, you took a seat beside him. Leaning into his chest, his arms wrapped around you instantly, engulfing you. His scent filled your airways, the previous thoughts before that racked your brain suddenly vanishing into thin air. With instincts kicking in, you nuzzled your face into his shirt.

"Thank you," You whispered, turning to wrap your arms around him. You felt his lips press into your hairline, his chest rising as he inhaled deeply.

"I just want to make you happy. I know I need to do better. I know how much you want this," He looked between you and the couch. "And I'm willing to do it just for you."

You beamed, your eyes melting into his.

"Juggie," You resonated.

His gentle lips swept across your forehead, making you smile lightly.

"I'll give you the affection you deserve." Jughead whispered, tightening his arms around you.