Fool - [B.B x Reader] Part 2

A/N: Hi! So the next fic I am writing is a Colin Bridgerton as requested by somebody, just in case anyone is getting sick of Benny Boi <333

---------

Months had gone by since you last saw your sister and Benedict. Now that your sister was married off to a Bridgerton, your mother rarely pushed for the idea of marriage with you (even though she did suggest many times to marry Colin) but you were content enough on your own.

The small cottage you now owned did belong to your mother, but she graciously gave you the house when your sister and Benedict had offered to buy her a new home to live in, so that you could be comfortable in the country.

You lived up North in the Yorkshire Dales. There wasn't anyone around you for miles and you much preferred it like that. Colin would come to visit every other weekend, which you appreciated because it wasn't a short trip. One would have to plan for that long of a ride from London to the North.

In fact, Colin was here this weekend. If you were calculating correctly, he should be here any time in the next hour. Colin never told his family where he was going because if anyone found out you were meeting up unchaperoned, well, I think the whole world would shake.

It had been a few hours and Colin had turned up. He was telling you of the season in London and how he managed to just escape his dreaded Mama's list of potential women for him to consider marrying.

"Maybe you should just marry yourself off, any women would be lucky to have you." You smiled, handing him the cup of tea you had just made.

"You flatter me, truly, but I am just not ready to marry yet. I am waiting for the right person." He replied, looking over the rim of his cup at you.

Innocently you spoke, "Well they might be right in front of you, and you just aren't aware."

"Are you talking about yourself?" Colin smirked.

Your eyes went wide with shock and realisation of what you had just said, "No - I am destined to be a spinster for the rest of my life."

Colin was quiet for a while, sipping his tea and looking for the right words to say, "You don't have to be you know?"

Walking over to the small pile of clothes, you began to fold them. You didn't want Colin to bring this up again. He knew that your feelings were for someone else, and Colin didn't love you like that. You were best friends and nothing more, he knew this more than anyone.

Colin approached you from behind and spun you round to face him, a cheeky glow on his face, "Marriage is nothing more than a developed friendship, correct?"

You sigh, "I don't know, considering I've never been married."

Colin didn't respond to what you said and continued as if you hadn't spoken at all, "And you are my most loyal friend, someone I care for deeply and will to the end of time."

"Colin – "

"We make each other happy, and it wouldn't have to develop into anything more than what we are now."

"I would rather be a spinster than be in a loveless marriage." You turn around to look out the window of your cottage. The front garden was your favourite part, having maintained it to look the best it has ever looked.

"Who said it would be loveless?" Colin said, putting a hand on the small of your back, "Plus, it would get my Mama off my back."

You moved away from Colin and sat back down onto your sofa, "What about children?"

Colin coughed at your question. His face went red slightly. He knew you to be a virgin, so you wouldn't have understood the ins and outs of how one came with child, "What about children?"