stalker

Beth wakes up tired after the hectic work she performed yesterday. As usual, she brushes her teeth and has her bath that morning. Her roommate Kelsey wasn't around as she always slept at parties in the night and returned to their dorm when the sun began to set.

     Beth goes to class and takes a sit near her male friend who goes by the name Janel. The boy has the same height as her and wears glasses that are two big for him.
   "What's popping?" Janel looks at Beth's side profile and smiles. Beth froze from his words. She looked ahead of her unshaken, trying to process his words. The Janel she knew did not support cool slangs or words however he prefered full English and nothing but that so why was he acting unusual today?
   Beth faced him with a small smile "I should be asking you that question."
   Janel rolled his eyes and settled them on her "I know you love the way I speak now. Gonna speak like this for the rest of my life." He impressed Beth with his shortened words once again and she couldn't help it laugh a little.
   "Ha! That's great I won't feel like a King's subject anymore. You spoke like those from the 17th century." She turned to face the teacher who had turned on the projector for them.

    Janel looked away and quickly took out his note to scribble some words on it. Beth did the same as well.

      Class went on for few minutes and within those minutes, a student happens to walk in. The teacher who caught the student that turned out to be Alex looked away like he wasn't late for class. If it were any other student she would have dismissed them or signed a report to the councelor or preferably taken some points from their tests, but no this was Alex, a perfect student who had beauty and brains.

    Meanwhile, Beth Rose her head away from the book she was so engrossed in and on seeing Alex, she froze on her chair. She was shocked at the fact that the stranger she thought she would never see again was in the same class as her. Why hasn't she seen him before then? Why was she seeing him today? Did this mean that he was following her?

    Alex saw the fazed look on her face and he winked at her snapping the confused girl out of her thoughts. He took a sit behind her and said nothing. Many heavy questions weighed Elizabeth's brain down. She was still shocked and she felt like asking if he was following her but restrained from it.

    The noisy bell got all the exhausted students giddy and they hastily streamed out of class.

     Janel slowly strolled beside Elizabeth through the busy hall which was filled with students moving here and there.
   He glanced at her beautiful face and smiled "Beth, can we meet at the lake today?" those words that rolled out of his mouth made his heart skip a bit. He wanted to show her something that he had been holding in for a very  long time now and he felt like it was the time.

     Meanwhile, Beth didn't hear anything he said but she was aware that he said something. Still, her mind wasn't focused on him but the boy behind her. She would glance back now and then just to confirm if he was stalking her.

     Janel noticed her furrowed brows and he halted on his steps only to have her halt too. She turned around to face him.
   "Finally got your attention." His lips lifted into a smile as he saw her gaze at him. He spoke to her since they were just 1 meters away from one another. "If you weren't listening I said I wanted us to meet at the lake tonight."  He repeated his past statement with a smile.

   Beth saw Alex pause for a minute and when she and Janel began to walk outside, Alex moved on. So he was following her?
   "Yeah I'll be there for sure." She said to see Janel smile before he walked ahead of her into the crowd until his frame was mixed with others.

      Beth replaced her normal expression with a stern one. She looked fierce, so threatening that if one were to ask her for something they would change directions immediately. Beth turned around to see Alex approaching. Just when he is about to walk past her, she blocks his way and looks straight into his eyes.
    "Why are you following me?" Her tone was harsh but Alex ignored it because he feared nothing in the word talk less of a glare.
    Alex smiled and leaned closer to her face "good day Elizabeth."
    "It's Beth not Elizabeth." She glared at him intensely.
   Alex twitched his lips to the side"hmm... I don't see the difference. Beth is shortened and Elizabeth is your full name. I'll go with Elizabeth angel."
    "One. It's Beth, call me by Beth. Two. Don't call me by pet names and three. Why are you following me?"
    He frowned at her question and looked totally oblivious to what she was talking about.
    "Who said I was following you?" Came his low and calm words packaged in his husky, deep voice which vexed her to heights.

     Beth sighed. This boy was annoying
to the extent that she might explode in anger. "You are obviously stalking me. You enter my favorite place then you come into my class and anytime I walk or pause, you do the same!" Said Beth in a haste as she unleashed her thoughts on him.
      Silence reigned between them for a moment and was later broken by Alex's cute chuckle. He leans closer and the smile on his face doesn't seem to break.
     "Stop this false assumptions Elizabeth. Why would I be following you?"
    Her eyes widened at him and she quickly shrugged her shoulder"It's Beth and I don't know, why would you be following me?" Her glare tensed up as she back fired his question to him. Alex let out an empty laughter and narrowed his gaze on her as he slowly licked his soft cherry lips in a way that made Beth's heart skip but it didn't melt the ice she was throwing at him. He smirked.
    "Is this your way of getting close to boys you admire Elizabeth." His question caused her eyes to widen in surprise.
   'what?!' she thought.

  Please readers I will reduce the chapters to two a day. Don't be upset.