Goodbye

A/N: Hello everyone.

Just a reminder I'm not against polyamory. You may stop reading if this story doesn't suit your taste.

Thank you.

Wu Xie loves Zhang Qiling so much that he wasted ten years of his life devoting himself to getting rid of the enemy. Seventeen scars were carved on his arms as a punishment for his failure. By the time Zhang Qiling comes out from the gate, he's no longer the Tianzhen that Zhang Qiling knew. The looks in Zhang Qiling's eyes are unreadable, but he can heave a sigh of relief when Zhang Qiling pulls him into a hug.

It's transparent that Wu Xie has loved Zhang Qiling since years ago. The scholar has been chasing after Zhang Qiling's truth like a good puppy he is. Wu Erbai just has to close his eyes, pretending he doesn't see how much his nephew loves the Zhang patriarch. He knows Wu's legacy is doomed when Wu Xie announces their relationship.

Wu Xie doesn't remember what happened, but soft lips against his are Xiaoge's answer to his confession. He is stammering and babbling before letting a squeak of 'I love you, Xiaoge!'. Thank god his feeling is not unrequited. It is good to be accepted as you are.

That's why what comes next is unexpected.

Life has been going well. Wu Xie is as healthy as a horse. He continues handling his antique store and book shop and visits his uncle once in a while. They have found a doctor that may cure his uncle. That is a relief. The surgery will be done next month, followed by physiotherapy. Wu Xie hopes everything will be fine. As for Zhang Qiling, he's still accepting grave robbing jobs once in a while. Wu Xie is reluctant to let the male go, but every time Zhang Qiling comes back safe and sound, he has no protest. Pangzi is also dropping by at Wushanju once in a while since he has to attend his shop in Beijing. That man has been too busy, but he doesn't forget to cook for Wu Xie and Zhang Qiling before going to Beijing. He thought that those two kids needed to learn how to cook.

It is almost midnight, and Wu Xie's wide awake, waiting for Zhang Qiling. The male should be home in about fifteen minutes, and Wu Xie's not going to miss that. He loves welcoming Zhang Qiling back home, and Zhang Qiling loves to be welcomed home. Wu Xie is home. Wushanju is his home.

The soft thud from the Wushanju front gate immediately makes Wu Xie pad his way to the corridor. His lips curl into a beautiful smile as the male in all black with a sword strapped over his back walk towards him. Zhang Qiling huffs a chuckle when Wu Xie spreads his arms, ready for a hug. After putting his sword down, Zhang Qiling pulls Wu Xie into a tight embrace. The long fingers poking from the fingerless glove find their way through the soft dark brown locks. He blooms into a smile when he feels a soft kiss falls on his neck.

'Xiaoge. Welcome back.'

Zhang Qiling squeezes Wu Xie's waist gently, turning his head to press a kiss on the crown of Wu Xie's head.

'Let's go inside. It's getting cold.' Wu Xie nods but doesn't pull away. Zhang Qiling huffs softly. He waits until Wu Xie lets him go and then proceeds to their bedroom.

It's a routine that whenever Zhang Qiling comes back from a job, he'll make love to Wu Xie. Wu Xie's not complaining. Wu Xie feels timid when Zhang Qiling stares at him, praising him when the sweet lips pamper kisses on his scarred arm and throat, ensuring that he always looks beautiful.

Just like tonight too.

Wu Xie tucks his face into Zhang Qiling's neck, pressing his lips against the twitching tendon. Zhang Qiling is here with him. It always feels like a dream whenever he has Zhang Qiling by his side every day. Zhang Qiling rubs Wu Xie's spine gently, lost in his thought, and Wu Xie notices that. It's not like Zhang Qiling to be lost in his thoughts. That's usually Wu Xie's duty.