19/ Again leaving old friend

Start from the beginning

"You really do care about me, don't you?" Evelyn questioned after few seconds of thinking about what he said. Klaus kept quiet at first, but then slightly nodded.

"Yeah, I do. And that's why I stay with you, to protect you. If they catch you, I know you wouldn-" Klaus was ruddenly interrupted by his best friend making a noice while drinking from her cocktail, cocky grinning at him as she saw his irritated face, making more and more noice. 

She can calm him down but she can easily make him angry. "Hey!" He torred harshly the coconut from her hands and threw it away, unexpected it landed straight in the trash bin. Evelyn watched him like she saw a ghost, her hands still in the position she held the coconut before.

"How could you-?!" Evelyn snapped.

"You interrupted me!" Klaus snapped back.

"Because you were talking too much and I wanted to lift the mood!" 

"Well, it maybe just lift mood for you!"

"You don't know what's a fun!"

"We're in serious situation!"

"I know, but small laugh won't hurt!"

"It do!"

"Do not!"

"It do!"

"Do not!"

"It do!"

"Do not! And still they're just after me, dumbass!"

They kept barking at each other, some people looking at them with furrowed eyebrows. Klaus lost his nerves, grabbed Evelyn and threw her over his shoulder, getting a yelp from her. 

"Klaus! Put me down! Put me down right now, you hear me?! Put me down! Klaus!" With quick footsteps he walked through the sand and then threw her into the water, getting a laugh not from Klaus but from people around. It's hilarious scene. Evelyn looked up at cocky smirking Klaus, death glaring at him.

"You son of a bitch! I'll get you for this!" The wet girl in water snapped, throwing at Klaus a wet sand which he dodged and quickly walked away, smirking to himself. Evelyn shook her head at her best friend, standing up from the water and walking after Klaus, making a plan how to get him back. 

She looked around the beach and noticed a man in sunglasses, no hair, blue shirt, light brown shorts, sandals, talking into phone to someone and suspiciously watching her every movement. Even through the sunglasses she can see his eyes watching her. On table before him is some fruit cocktail, a book very familiar to one they used on her and where are things written about her like the Dead Beast, and where are the damn words that turn her again into Dead Beast written. 

Could this man be a Hydra agent? She noticed him before looking at her but she shrugged it off, thinking he was just random guy looking around. He's too much suspicious, but not at the same time. When they kept eye contact too long, the man turned his head away, breaking the eye contact and continuing talking to someone on the phone. Evelyn quickly walked away and found Klaus, whispering him what she saw. Klaus eyes widen when he heard that, knowing they're not safe anymore and need to move on. 

That day they continued doing what everyday, but now watched every corner and the man Evelyn saw before. They saw another two man that were suspicious, but they acted like they hadn't noticed. Evelyn and Klaus already planned where they would go next and where they dirrect them, but Evelyn has different plans. 

As Evelyn said to Klaus she will get him back for throwing her into the water, that night when Klaus was in shower she took bucket of ice cubes, sneaked into the bathroom and while he was distracted, she turned the bucket upside down and purred at him all ice cubes, startling him. She was laughing her ass of when she speeded away into her room and then Klaus of course had to burst into the room just with towel around his waist but Evelyn again ran away. But Klaus don't know this is maybe their last moment ever, she hopes not. 

The next day they again spent like every one. Walking around, checking and acting like they didn't saw the Hydra agents. They agreed to leave the next morning, even though Klaus has no idea what's Evelyn planning. 

It's 2AM, Klaus is sound asleep in his room but Evelyn no. She's finishing her sentence on the paper that is supposed to be an explanation for Klaus why she left him without him knowing or a goodbye.

She ended her last sentence and read it again, making sure she wrote everything.

My dear Klaus

I'm sorry I left without you knowing or just a single goodbye, but I know you wouldn't let me go alone and would follow me. And that's why I sneaked away when you were asleep. We are running together for how long? 4-5 years? Long. I know. You were there for me all this time, stood be my side and never left it, never left me alone, always protected me and made sure I'm safe from Hydra and I'm very, VERY grateful for that, but I had to leave without you. They aren't after you, but after me. You didn't have to bother by my problems, but you did and went everywhere I went. I don't know how does Hydra keep finding me that easily and quickly but I'll find out. I'm sick and tired of the running away, not like I don't like traveling and spending time with you, I enjoyed the time with you. Those ten years meant so much to me, knowing I had at least one person I could stay with and tell everything. I again wanted to thank you for saving me from Hydra and staying by my side, I don't know what I would do without you. Or where I would be. Probably still in Hydra. You set me free, but those monsters won't stop till they don't have what they want. So now I'm setting you free and you don't have to bother by Hydra or my problems anymore. You're free. Do whatever you want, just don't try and search for me. You won't find me. Where will I go? I don't know. Somewhere where we weren't. If it's in America or Europe or Africa or Asia or Australia, I  don't know. I'll see where my way will lead me. This is not goodbye, this is just see you later. And I hope I'll see you soon. 

See you later, my friend.

Your best friend, Eve.

A tear escaped Evy's eye down her cheek, not sure if she wrote the right thing. She don't know if she'll ever see him again but hope she will. Putting the letter in envelope, she left it on her bed which is cleaned up like no one ever touched it. She slung the bag over her shoulder, bags of blood for her way in it as other things she'll need are there too. Looking around the room one last time and checking the letter on the bed, she walked away, closing it to make no sound. 

With quiet footsteps she walked around Klaus's room, praying he won't hear her and stay asleep. She walked down the stairs and out the building they stayed in now for two months. She looked at it one last time, before turning around and walking away. She feel blame for leaving him in the middle of Rio De Janeiro where he can't even understand them, only in english.

As much as she don't want to leave this place and Klaus, she have to. It's better for her. For him. For everyone. Sooner or later she would still have to go. If she don't go alone, they would catch her sooner or later and Klaus too and use him. She don't want him go through what she went through. 

She then vamp-speeded to eat someone for her to not worry later and took the chance while she can. When she killed like 2 people, she threw their bodies into container and vamp-speeded to the airport. She checked when and where are leaving the planes, then sneaked into one where are put animals and sat there, waiting till the plane get in the sky and land. She hope they won't catch her and find out why they find her so fast.