I listened from his closed doorstep as he's getting ready to leave, when he oppened the door from the inside.

He's not wearing his normal merchant clothes when he goes out. It's the one that he wears on important occasions and meetings with nobles.

I wonder what his business may be...

"I already told Mark. He'll be looking after you, little gremlin."

He finished as he kneeled to my level.

"Don't cause the man any troubles. Alright?"

Papa frowned as he pinched my ear.

"Ow!"

I frowned lightly as he stopped.

"But sure!"

I assured him with a smile.

Just then, mister Mark arrived. He's one of the staffs who occupy the fourth floor, so it's pretty easy to access the shop.

"Alright. I'm heading off. "

"Have safe travels, master Benno."

Mark greeted as Benno passed by him.

"Ziska, I'll look forward to your report when I get back."

He said in a serious tone as he looked over me by his shoulder.

"Of course papa. Bye!"

With that, we see him off in a carriage as I waved him goodbye.

So my task for today is to fix his schedule problems for him. Either way, I'm fine with that. Mister Mark is here after all. I stared the back of the carriage until they disapear into the horizon.

"Shall we get started with the preperations, miss Franziska?"

Mister Mark said. We still have a shop to run today.

"Of course."

We open by the second bell, therefore we have to clean and prepare the staffs before it dings.

"Have the workers already eaten?"

I asked him as we proceeded further to the store where father's office is.

"I shall take a check on them. "

He spoke in a serious manner, I nodded as a signal and there the man left.

I sat on the chair of father's office desk, with a stack of empty wooden tags on the left side corner of the well polished desk and an ink set beside it.

A few minutes later of me sitting on that uncomfortably hard chair, mister Mark came back with his report.

"They have already started the primary preperation. Two of the new apprentices has also arrived."

Mark said in a calm tone.

Right! There are other apprentices... How could have that slipped my mind. What am I supposed to do with them? Father was supposed to give them tasks today...

I am not the master of this company, therefore I do not have the authority to teach them anything at all. I am merely an apprentice under evalutation right now.

"Mister Mark, did the master leave a plan for the apprentices?"

I cocked my head in thought.

"I believe he did not tell me about it yet. Although the last lesson I had taught them was basic arithmetic."