Our First Friends

Start from the beginning

It looks like it stands for "giga cup". Seeing its rather comical size, I don't believe how I'll be able to finish this food alone. 

Putting it back, I turned forward leaving the instant food section and making my way towards the counter. Surprisingly, Horikita was waiting for me. I guess she isn't as cold as I thought she was.

As we reached the line, I noticed that it was oddly long. Even if there were a lot of people who are buying necessities, it still shouldn't be this long. Not minding the wait, Horikita and I wait peacefully for our turn.

Interrupting our solace was a loud voice in front of the line.

"Hurry up! Everyone's waiting!"

"Oh, really?! Tell them to complain directly to me!"

It sounded like there was trouble. The clerk and the red haired boy were glaring at each other as they started to quarrel. Behind the boy were other similarly disgruntled customers, plausibly running out of patience due to the wait.

Wanting to sort the trouble quickly, I approached  the volatile boy.

Horikita Suzune P.O.V

When I entered this school, I decided to live my school life as I did before. Alone and in complete isolation. I didn't need friends. I felt like they hold me back. Shopping for necessities, I looked up  the sign and read the store's catalog.

  <rin rin>

The store's door chime sounded the arrival of another customer. Momentarily looking to the direction of the door, I see Ayanokouji Kiyone.

As usual, she was oblivious to the attention that her presence brings. A number of people in the store were looking at her figure.

She had a smaller than average height, better than average facial features, and her eyes normally filled with apathy and boredom now had an undertone of fascination about the things around her.  

"Haaah..."

Sighing, I couldn't help but call out to her.

"... Another coincidence, I presume. Otherwise, I'd say you're stalking me. "

Her eyes flickered with recognition. Approaching me, she answered my inquiry.

"Don't say such scary things, of course not. That said, did you also have stuff to buy?"

"Yeah, just a bit. I came to buy some necessities."

Oddly enough, our conversation seemed to flow very smoothly. Unlike other conversations I've had, talking to her felt rather natural.

"It seems that we have the same idea, may I join you?"

"No tha-"

At first, I wanted to reject her request. I didn't really need friends. I have the absolute faith in my abilities. Having people like her would simply hinder me from my goal. Yet despite that, I couldn't refuse her.

In the end, I conceded.

'How does she always do this?'

With her in tow, we continued our shopping in silence. Apparently noticing my choices in products, she decides to ask-

"I thought that girls paid more attention to what kind of shampoo they used."

'You thought?'

What a peculiar wording, Ayanokouji. Keeping that in mind, I respond to her words.

"That depends on the type of person, no? On another note, what do you mean by 'I thought that girls paid more attention to what kind of shampoo they used.'? You say that as if you haven't interacted with other girls before."