CHAPTER ONE

( EPISODE ONE )

( EPISODE ONE )

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

THE MAIDS of the household readied the only child of Jon Wymarc in her bedroom that morning. The sun had just rose, its light shinning through to magnify the beautiful beaded white gown that was hand picked by her lord father. Jayne had been fitted for this pretty gown weeks ago, the tailor taking exact measurements so she'd be ready to debut for her first season. Her father wanted Jayne to look the best she could ── even better than her friend, Daphne. She needed ── had to be better.

Daphne Bridgerton had been friends with Jayne Wymarc since they were eleven. The two found solace in one another, becoming fast friends. Being the only child, it was very lonely for Jayne, and her father didn't help matters either since he was always gone, working. Jon had always been a business man, and when his late wife died, he threw himself into it further. But soon, after meeting the lovely, eldest Bridgerton girl, Jayne considered Daphne to be her sister ── in everything but blood.

The maids had just finished weaving the corset of her gown up, causing Jayne to feel herself quickly lose her breathing pattern. While she was able to take deep breaths, now she could only take small, short ones. Jayne felt it to be painful and exhausting when it came to being a lady. There was always a need of having to be done up, no matter what. And while she loved the beautiful gowns and pretty makeup, she hated the process as it took hours. Beauty was pain.

Jayne looked at herself in the full-length mirror, seeing her reflection. The gown fit her in all the right places ── showing off her small curves and her voluptuous breasts. And her hair had been left down, the front only braided back to show off her face instead of Jayne hiding behind her hair ── something she did often. Jayne knew she looked beautiful, she'd turn heads. And she smiled, knowing she'd get a reaction from the person she wanted to.

"Miss Wymarc, you have a request for an audience."

Jayne's eyes flutter over to the corner of the mirror to see her family's butler, Arthur looking at her, awaiting a response. He was an older man, his posture permanently hunched. She knew then her father hadn't been home, yet again, and now it was only her and the staff, leaving her to make a decision. A decision that seemed small enough, but felt so large in her chest. Jayne didn't know who was here, but she hoped it was him. It was the big day, and Jayne knew he could calm the nerves in her stomach. The only problem, Jayne felt her stomach cramp suddenly when she opened her mouth to speak. It had been happening for hours now ── she'd assume she was only hungry, and so, Jayne had been brushing it off. But now, she wasn't so sure of the reasoning for this time, the pain was much worse. And it caught her off guard.