001 the last good day

Start from the beginning

Eden sighed. "Just watch."

The three watched as Billy came out of the back room, smoking a cigarette as he walked past kids. Heather smiled at him, walking past to go towards where the rest of her friends where while Billy turned and blew his whistle.

Everything quieted down instantly, all faces turning towards Billy including Eden's. "Hey, lard-ass! No running on my watch! I gotta warn you again, and you're banned for life. You wanna be banned for life, lard-ass?" The boy shook his head no. "Didn't think so." Billy blew the whistle again to signal for everyone to go back to what they were doing.

Billy walked past the group of women and Eden watched as they spoke with him, eying the teen like predators looking for prey. And then Billy made it to the lifeguard chair.

"Hey." Heather smiled, walking towards the three from the back door. Eden smiled, turning to her best friend for a moment before turning back again. "Hey Heather."

Eden then turned to Adam. "See? They all have the hots for him it's really fun to watch." Adam just chuckled, shaking his head. "Is this really the most intriguing thing you could find to spend time on?" Eden and Katie looked to each other for a moment before both looking back at Adam with nods. "Yes."

Adam just chuckled. "Okay, you two have fun." He walked off to do something else, what Eden didn't know. Heather smiled a bit before her eyes drifted a bit towards Billy. Katie caught it with a laugh. "Oh, don't tell me you have a thing for him too."

Heather turned to Katie with wide eyes, chuckling a bit. "What gives you that idea?" Eden laughed along, throwing her head back. "Oh we've lost another one."

"He's cute!" Heather defended, causing both girls to just laugh even more. They didn't disagree, but for some reason they both found it hilarious just how many girls and women were infatuated with Billy.

Katie moved over to the schedule, looking for her name. "Oh shit, I'm next." Eden's face scrunched up. "Damn I'm sorry." Katie just shrugged. "Whatever, I'll walk over like a runway model and just wait to hear what they have to say."

Katie walked off as well, leaving Eden and Heather alone. "Hey! Eden!" Eden turned around at the sound of her name and looked confused as she made eye contact with Wren and Lizzie, one of whom did not look happy to be dragged to the pool.

"Uh, hi? Liz what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at your camp today?" Eden wondered, going closer towards the two to meet them at the front desk. Lizzie sent a glance towards Wren. "Someone thought I needed a day off to and I quote "be a kid for once" or something."

Eden's eyebrows raised. "Okay... and uh, why does that bring you to the place you decided was your reading spot?" Lizzie just shrugged. Wren ran a hand through her hair. "I just need your help here, Eden. I'm swamped with work and thought today would be a fun day I could take Lizzie out but turns out everything's gone to shit and I need to be somewhere. Which is where you come in cause I need you to hang out with her."

Eden chuckled. "Wren she's 15 not 5... she doesn't need a babysitter." Lizzie put her hand out towards Eden. "Thank you." Wren sighed. "Just— please? The two of you can hang out or ignore each other and go on with your days, I don't care. I just need to be able to leave knowing she's safe."

Eden bit her lip before nodding. "Yeah, Wren sure. I've got her." Wren smiled thankfully. "Thank you. Liz, have fun and don't be a bitch." Lizzie chuckled. "No promises." Eden smirked. "Okay Liz hop the counter just like I taught you." Wren sent Eden a jokingly warning look before walking off with a wave.