06

"i know right, he barely has any ties to anyone here so we don't know anything about him

"i know right, he barely has any ties to anyone here so we don't know anything about him. what most of us know is just that he has a pretty face and a nice small waist that compliments his figure. he looks pretty intimidating, too."

the words of jaemin's words from the other day came back to me that night as i lay in bed. the night with me and renjun ended as we parted due to the others coming to me once again, saying they wish to go home. it was supposed to be easier for me to sleep, considering that day i had some activities and my energy was drained. however, even when my body was physically tired, my mind was forced to stay awake, bothered by the blurry memories playing back to the specific moment to when renjun's eyes turned ice cold. was that what jaemin meant? but if that really was it, why did it only occur when he was talking to his step-brother or someone else besides me?

even so, his warm smile was still hammered down into my head and it was impossible to forget the comfort i felt when i was with him.

in any case, maybe if there were more parties and there was him to accompany me throughout the chaos, i would be fine with it. but well, i know nothing really goes well when i hope for it to go as so.

the days went by and there were no more parties, i was thankful and at the same time a bit sad. i had no excuse to meet the boy who felt like a little cat i was attached to. i also did not see him during the days i had lectures in the campus, and honestly it did make me feel a bit disappointed. i did have his phone number, but i guess i was still contemplating if we were friends or not by that point.

.

.

.

"donghyuck, did you play the game that i recommended last night-- eh?" jeno was beside me eating his lunch in the cafeteria as i once again snapped back to reality, not forgetting chenle who was on his phone across jeno. the busy crowd then sank into my ears. jeno's eyes followed to where i had been spacing off to for a while already. "...you seem to be very interested in a specific person, hm? even your ears can't hide it."

as jeno's lips tugged into his usual puppy smile, i felt more aware of my red ears due to the fact i spotted the person that had been in my mind for so long during the past few days. renjun was once again sitting in the same corner of the large room with the same book in hand, hair tied back as always. he looked the same as the last time i saw him, but...it felt breathtaking to see his face.

"yah, jeno-hyung leave him be. he's clearly into him." chenle, eyes still glued to the screen, said it so easily and lightly as if those words meant so little. but really, it shocked me instead that i couldn't defend myself. chenle saw me shocked and smirked, "well it seems i hit the mark this time, huh?"

that was when we heard a dramatic gasp from someone who just arrived at the table -- that came from none other than jaemin with jisung behind him.

"donghyuck has emotions?" he asked half jokingly as jisung seemed slightly shocked.

"geez, fuck off guys." i answered, clearly my panic inside was clear.

however, the words of chenle made me question myself, too. was i a bit attached to renjun because i liked him more than others? but i had never like anyone before, what more dated anyone. my train of thought came to a halt when our blonde youngest spoke up.

"hyung, why don't you go talk to him, then?" jisung asked as he turned to chenle and pointed at my direction, "he likes him right?"

"oh, jisungie. our jeno most likely doesn't even know what having a crush is like. who knows if he likes him that way or as a friend." jaemin responded, taking the words out of chenle's mouth which allowed him to continue playing his phone.

even though his words did make me a bit upset, it was true. they were scary people, indeed. the four could easily read other people's emotions and actions because they were all so attentive of everyone. just a single off-putting sign and they would know something is up. though, i think i was being a bit obvious that time.

"...oh shut up." i gave a tsk and turned away as i noticed that the two-toned had stood up and motioned to leave his table. he walked closer to my table and spotted me, not failing to wave at my direction as he passed by -- it made my stomach have butterflies as he gave me a smile and went on his way.

"d-did you see that?" jeno asked, his tone signaled a little scared. "he smiled at donghyuck and when he looked at me it was as if i was trash-!"

i tilted my head in confusion as i heard the rest agree with jeno. it seems for a split second there i didn't realize that he was only smiling at me. but it was true once he passed me completely, his eyes turned emotionless. that was when chenle let out a scoff.

"dang, i think he likes you, too."

"...what?"

of course, that's impossible. after all, we just met.

 after all, we just met