I ignored his question and pushed past him despite his protests and looked under the sofa. There were at least 4 crates of drinks. "Do I even want to know what these are for?" I asked them. They simply shook their heads.
  "It's just a celebration party for our victory against Ravenclaw," Sirius told me. "We're celebrating to fight. You can join if you want. Everyone's invited, it's going to be right here in the Common Room."

"Ji, you sure know how to make a girl feel special." I replied sarcastically. "Thanks but I'll pass" and walk towards the staircase. Sirius blocked me. "Come Lizzy. I'll save you a dance. Please, it will be so fun. For me please" he pretended to pout his lip.

I could not help but smile. "And to think Sirius I'm the younger one in our friendship."

I was too slow to move away as he kissed me on the cheek, "see you tonight Lizzy."

I smiled and climbed up the stairs into my dorm.

Once again the Gryffindor common room was dazzling in red and gold, full of chatter and laughter. Sirius danced in the centre of the crowd, devouring drink after drink with James.

I stood next to Remus, again.

I saw Mary in the crowd too, with a boy on each side of her as she danced. She looked utterly stunning in her burgundy dress that accentuated her curves.

I saw Taylor already had her lips moulded with some other bloke too. I rolled my eyes and dragged Remus on the dance floor with me, near Sirius, despite his protests. Sirius was dancing and singing along to the music, as more girls crawled around him. He was ridiculously tall but that helped with his reputation as the notorious playboy but then again I would completely understand. I grew up with him. I saw his change from the scrawny rich spoiled brat to the hardworking, well-built man from all those hours of endless quidditch training despite his recklessness. At least he was putting his energy into something right. Then again he was not studying for his OWLS but he was still passing with extraordinary marks. He looked up at me and smiled, bright and warm, as his hair which was long and straight but still perfect. He looked back at me and winked as he grabbed one of the girls and began to dance with her, still surrounded by the others.

I snapped back as Remus mumbled something into his cup, taking another gulp. "Do you think Mary and Sirius will get back together?" I asked as Mary grabbed one of the guys hands and placed them on her hips still staring at Sirius. I clenched my teeth. "Mary always gets what she wants."

"Do you really think so?'' I turned to look at Sirius, who had a wide grin smeared across his face as he swung back and forth with Mary, surrounded by the girls. He looked at us and waves for Remus and me to come over.

"He won't," Remus mumbled.

"What makes you say that?" I asked him.

He widened his eyes as if he said something he wasn't supposed to and instantly excused himself. I tried to follow him but he just instantly dissolved into the crowd. "Care to dance?" I turned and recognised him. Edward. I had a drink with him one Hogsmeade weekend but we never spoke again really.

I grabbed his hand. He smiled and grabbed onto my hips. I shrugged it away and began to dance to the music as I kept his hands on my hips, not lower or higher, just glued to my hips.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I jumped away as Edward was frozen, his eyes looked like they were shaking and alarmed at this. The music continued to blare loudly as I looked around for who did this. I saw Sirius staring and smiling goofily like an idiot.

"Sirius what the fuck?!" I yelled as Remus ran to unpetrified him, "have you lost your mind? What did he do?"

He walked over, ignoring me, towards Edward and punched him right across his face. "He knows Lizzy he knows. Don't worry." he shrugged, smiling before he jumped back. I looked around and saw most of the crowd were beginning to disappear back to their dorms, only a handful remained but the girls had not budged. Mary remained seated in the crowd.

I grabbed Edward guiding him towards a seat, and took my wand out to heal him but then all of a sudden, he grabbed my arm and began to push through the crowd and the girls. I saw Lupin's face fall as I looked to him for help. I slapped Sirius's hand away but he just tightened his grip. "What the fuck was that for?" I yelled as soon as he let go. He shut the door and looked at me. "Since when" he said pointing to the door and me.

"Fuck Lizzy you're only 15! Why were you jumping on that guy? Edward? Really? He's not even worth it."

"We were just dancing. You cannot tell me what to do" I yelled "especially when you've got your arms busy surrounded by countless other girls."

"Jealous are you?" He smirked.

I slapped him across the face, "you can stick whatever down their throats and touch up whoever you want but you do not get to order who comes and goes in my personal life."

I had not even realised it until now, we were so close. Our faces were practically touching. I could feel his warm breath on mine, kind of mixed with mine as we quarrelled back and forth. This was not the first time he had done this, there had to be some sort of explanation.

"He doesn't deserve you," he replied. "You deserve great things, but he is not one of them."

"There's more to life than the pain that they made you feel, Sirius. Let go '' I said and walked out of the door. I walked down the stairs when I saw Remus standing there, anxiously tapping his foot. He looked nervous. When he saw me, he slightly jolted in surprise but approached me.

"He did not even do anything or explain to me at all" I said to Remus, "Merlin, you know just when I thought he changed and was getting better he goes around and does this. AGAIN''

Remus nodded, "listen what I am about to tell you is because you deserve to know this but I beg you, please think before you react and do something of the sort"
  I froze but nodded, feeling both curious and nervous at this.

"Sirius... he" he paused.

"He what?"

"He made a rule from the guys at Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. They could not ask you out or approach you in that way at all."

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks, and the room spiralling around me. "Do you know why he did this?"

He shook his head, "I'm so sorry but I just thought you needed to know."

I did not know why but I hugged him. "Thank you Remus" I turned back to climb up the stairs to ask Sirius but when I got to his dorm he was no longer there. That only meant one thing. He was in the girls dorm, hooking up with some girl. I sighed.

I lost something, I never had. Yet it hurt, just as bad. Time made us sentimental. Perhaps, in the end, it was because of time that we suffered.

I paced back to my dorm, to take a book and walk straight out. I did not know where I was going but I needed some fresh air and to think. I just could not be in the same room as him right now. I needed to get out of the Gryffindor common room.

Meeting you Sirius, will never be my regret, but tolerating the ways in which you hurt me... always will be.