"We do! We're friends... aren't we..?" Ryder trailed off.

Darius frowns as he looks down at his boots. He thought that Ryder liked him. As something else. Not just friends. The young duke stood there in silence before taking a deep breath. He felt heartbroken. He doesn't want to leave Ryder but, he just couldn't stand looking at him for the time being.

He took off the PAW Patrol crest that Ryder gave him temporarily for the missions and gave it back to the younger boy, clasping the younger's hand into it. Ryder holds on to it tightly, feeling hopeless at his feet.

"I'm going back to Flappington. I have bussinesses to attend to..."

He huffed as he stepped out of the lookout, leaving Ryder with a sad look on his face; obviously not wanting the duke to go just yet. "You can handle all of the missions by yourself now, can you?"

The brunette nodded.

"Good..."

×

A few months, three months to be precise, has gone by and the team was doing good in Adventure Bay, as per usual.

There wasn't too much hassle, aside from Mayor Humdinger's crazy ideas to bring the whole town down; it was doing it's best.

The team were currently in Barkingburg, visiting the Princess and the Earl. They were invited, of course. The team wouldn't go there if they weren't told to, they have respect. The Princess was hosting a banquet for the royal kitties and her loyal dog, Sweetie.

Yeah. We all know Sweetie can be a bit of a villian but, hey, this story ain't going to be good if she's not around.

Ryder was looking around at the party while also keeping an eye on the pups as he drinks a glass of punch from the banquet table.

The younger boy looks around and spotted the dashing brunette in his fine clothes; Darius. He blushed brightly. He didn't know he was invited. He was happy either way, he rushed to the duke and he smiled happily.

"Hi..."

Ryder greeted.

"Hi..."

Darius replied sweetly.

"What are you doing here?" Ryder asks shyly. "The same goes to you... What are you doing here?" Darius asked as well, blushing brightly. He really missed Ryder's cute smile.

"I was invited... You?"

"I snuck in. Little cousin Eliza didn't invite me." The young duke huffed, making Ryder chukle. "That's what you get for stealing the royal treasure a while back." He says as he leads Darius to the banquet table, holding his hand firmly.

"What? That was ages ago! She should've forgiven me by now!" He says jokingly as they grabbed some cupcakes. They both joked and laughed as they chatted until someone touched Darius' shoulder, which made the duke shiver. It was Prince Callum. One of his so called 'friends'.

"Oh! The Duke of Flappington is here~ How's everything doing, Darius~?" The prince says sheepishly as he offered his hand, which Darius shook; to be polite.

"I'm fine..." Darius replied. Then Callum's eyes shifted to the younger boy. "I know you... You're the kid who leads a team of pups... PAW Patrol was it?" He asks and Ryder nods his head. "My name's Ryder..." He introduced.

Callum smirked. "Your team never caught my eye at first but, my, it sure does now~" he says, as he circled around Ryder. "I never knew their leader could be this handsome~" Ryder was confused at first but, it does make him a bit uncomfortable.