Chapter 3: Oya High

Start from the beginning

"Ah!" he breathed. He remembered how he fought the guys who were chasing the younger boy and when he found out that they were students from Oya High, he immediately took off.

"That's right, at that time..."

"My name is Chiharu," the Oya student introduced himself. "I've been looking for you. I wanted to say thank you for that time."

"Oi!" Yamato stopped him from bowing. "Come here first." The older guy led Chiharu away from the four girls who were listening to their conversation throughout the whole time. He told the younger one that he just subconsciously did it.

Chiharu also began to explain his story on why he ended up enrolling in Oya High. He said that he transferred not too long ago and he did not know anything about the rules in said school. Not knowing the rules, he picked a fight with the no. 2 of the school, Furuya. Since then, he became their target.

Due to Yamato saving him, the students became more violent toward Chiharu and he was unable to attend the school anymore.

"Eh? Because of me?" Yamato asked in disbelief.

"Then, you should be responsible, right?" the girls told Yamato.

"What do you mean?"

Chiharu stood up and asked, "Can I just join Sannoh Rengokai?"

Yamato groaned internally and bowed his head down as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

"You're in trouble, huh?" the girls taunted.

"Hurry and get out already!"

Yamato immediately introduced Chiharu to the others, especially to Cobra. At the Itokan, Hiyori is standing and leaning her weight on the counter while watching the interaction between the blonde leader and his childhood friend.

Hiyori glimpsed at the boy's uniform. It was familiar to her.

"I'm sorry if this is abrupt, but I want this guy to join Sannoh Rengokai."

Cobra and the others looked intently at the two.

"Yamato, isn't he wearing Oya High's uniform?" Hiyori asked from the counter.

"Huh?!" the Sannoh guys exclaimed in shock. Hiyori raised a brow at Yamato who is still looking at his fellow members.

Naomi and Hiyori just watched them and listened to their conversation.

"Hey! Be quiet for a bit!" Naomi scolded them and they immediately lowered their voices.

Cobra looked at Yamato with an intense gaze as if he was trying to read his childhood friend's mind.

Tetsu noticed his gaze and stood up from his seat as he pulled Chiharu outside. Hiyori sighed.

"Oi, Yamato. What happened with you?" Cobra asked with his usual cold glare. Hiyori watched Naomi as she went outside.

Cobra slammed his hand on the table and stood up.

"That excuse isn't good enough," Cobra said and walked away from his seat.

"Then, should I leave it like this?" Yamato suddenly said.

"If this is discovered at Oya High, it's like we're picking a fight by letting him join us," Dan said.