"Oh aren't you right, January! She's just devine!" a short man speaks up. He walks over to me and strokes his hand over my legs, making me wince. "Not much hair, long legs..." he pauses for a second before continuing. "A bit flat chested but, we can work with that." He says, I want to punch him, but of course I don't-he is right after all- instead I clench my hands into fists.

"January? Shall we start?" A quiet voice speaks. My last prep person is in the corner mixing up an orange coloured liquid, in her glove covered hands she holds a wooden stick and a bunch of strips of paper?

"Ah yes! Let's begin!" January says. The quiet lady walks over to me and pours some of the orange liquid on my legs. It's warm and makes my skin tingle. Then she uses the small wooden stick to spread the liquid over my shin. She then places the paper down and presses it down with her hands. After a few minutes she rips it off without warning, making me cry out with pain.

"Oh sorry about that! Sometimes I forget you tributes feel pain! YOu just all seem so brave and strong!" The lady giggles. After finishing ripping off all my hairs, they wheel the table farther back into the room.

"We're going to take off your dress, is that ok?" The man asks me. I nod knowing it was necessary. Once the dress is off me they then grab a shower head connected to a long hose. They turn on the water and wash it all over my body. They scrub my long blonde hair with two different kinds of soap and then wash my body with a rose smelling soap. Once they finish washing me they cover my sea blue eyes with a warm cloth. While my eyes are covered I can feel their hands rubbing a cold liquid into my face, and I can hear a loud fan drying me off, I shiver as the cold wind blows over my naked body. They pull off the now cold cloth and the bright lights hurt my eyes. My body feels sticky from where they just finished moisturising me. They pull the dress back on me and then continue. They paint my nails white, they do my eyes with a light green colour, they apply a light pink coloured powder to my cheeks and some other stuff I didn't catch. They whisper about things while they work, I try my best to hear them but can only barely.

"What did you say?" I ask them.

"Oh we were just talking about how nice you're gonna look in your outfit!" January says, then they go back to whispering. They then leave the room and I'm left by myself for once. Just then a man with curly brown hair- he's tall, wide shouldered, brown eyed, black, and wears gold makeup on his eyes-walks in. When he speaks his voice is much higher than the average male.

"Hello, I am Alliby. I will be your stylist." He grins. "You my dear, are gonna look so amazing in your gown!" He gawks.

"So.... I'm gonna be a tree?" I ask him.

"Heavens no! That was so last year!" he smiles. I look down at my now dry nails. "We're gonna start with your hair, and while I do that why don't you tell me about yourself?" He says grabbing a green hairbrush and a bottle of liquid, I read the label as he holds it up: Detangler. Detangler, what an interesting word! I tell myself.

"So Oakley, how do you feel about the games?" Angus asks me.

"Currently frustrated! my brother and I both got reaped! What the fuck!" I confess to him.

"Yes. Very frustrating." He says abruptly. I roll my eyes. Obviously not the answer he was thinking of. I sigh. And keep quiet until he finishes with my hair.

"All finished with your hair! Now stand up my lovely flower!" I hop off the table and he leads me towards a big mirror in the very back of the room, where he shows me my blonde hair up in a fancy bun, there's pink dahlias in my hair and green ferns. I smile slightly at my hair.

"It's beautiful! Thank you..." I tell him.

"Oh you're very welcome!" he says gingerly. I stand there as he examines my body, most likely looking for measurements.

"Umh... sorry I'm so flat. It's probably an inconvenience for you." I say quietly.

"Child! Who told you that! You have wonderful curves! Enough for people to not stare at them but enough to be noticeable!"

"Thanks." I tell him. Once he finishes "examining me" He leaves for a minute and returns with a long black bag in one hand and a smaller bag in the other. He unzips the smaller bag and places four contents down, a pair of brown shoes with lace on the top, a little plastic bag, and a bouquet of ferns and baby's breath flowers. He then passes me the shoes and I carefully slip them on my bare feet. Then he grabs the small plastic bag and walks behind me.

"Pliny gave me this, he says your brother wanted you to wear it." He says, quietly taking out a leaf shaped necklace with a green gem on it.

"Thank you." I whisper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter lol. Were trying to write two chapters a day now!

The 73rd annual Hunger Gamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें