You're Real?!

[Y/N]
I'm in deep trouble. Mother just knocked on the door, and I don't have the courage to tell her I'd much rather stay here than go with her. I let her in with a fake cheery tone. "Mother! There she is..."
     She barged in and walked past saying, "Shame Charles left you. Go. Pack your things Elizabeth. You're coming home like we discussed on the telephone. Hurry, Hurry!" She said as she went to the counter and started inspecting it. My mother was a very clean, and as I mentioned, intimidating, woman. So, I spared no time to go and begin packing. Janie came in later and said, "I see SHE'S here." Gotta love Janie. "Yes Janie, I know. I don't have the guts to tell her I need to stay. Charles is coming by later— I might have a chance to win him back." I bargained to her.
        She sat me down and said, in a light tone, "Affirmations, Liz. You can do this."
     Bad move, Janie.
I went out into the kitchen and said, "Mother.. I'm not coming with you. I have chose to stay here. Charles is going to be here soon and I—" She cut me off to say, "Ah ah ah dear, no. You're coming with me!"
       "No I am not! Please respect that mother, I love Charles and want him back!"

      So much for that. The next thing I knew, I was in the  passenger seat of Mother's car. When I walked in the house, not very thrilled to see it, I made my way over to the living room. "NO!! A— heh— mind the carpet dear, I've just had it shampooed." I stepped away and she took my hand, "I've made up your old bed for you!" I let out an unimpressed "mmm" and she offendedly said, "MM? That's all I get??"
        Realizing my mistake, I corrected myself with a "Thank you."
—"Thank you what?"
"Thank you, mother."

     She smiled and walked to the kitchen. I decided to go upstairs and try to unwind. I hadn't been back to this old place since I moved in with Charles, and it looked just how I had left it. Even all of my old toys were in the same place. I tried to reach for one on the top shelf, but a ton fell down, as well as a ton of dust. I pulled back and then walked to the bed to sit my suitcase down. That was, until, I saw something that I barely remembered.
     Sitting on the old dresser of mine, which smelled of old oak and paint, sat a dirty, taped up Jack In the Box. Drop Dead Fred. My old imaginary friend was in there. I used to blame him for everything.. and I truly can't believe I thought he was real. Oh well, I suppose the reality of adulthood swoops you away from your nostalgia. I sat the suitcase down and picked the colorful box up. I turned the handle and the soft music began to play. It felt melancholy to hear it once more, so I sat it back down.
      Later on, after dinner, I sat on the edge of my bed thinking about what happened that day. It drove me to tears, so I laid down in my bed and twirled my hair. Eventually I fell asleep. I was awaken after having these awful, awful nightmares about the rather, as these dreams proved, nightmarish day. Gasping, I sat up and took a sip of the glass of water that was on my bedside table. I sighed upon the realization that it was just a dream. Thank god. But what wasn't a dream was what happened next. The box began to play the familiar tune! I turned my lamp on to see the handle going crazy fast.
       The song just kept speeding up and up and up until it was ready to burst. I decided to slowly step my way over there and take the tape off. I gently, slowly, reached out for it and began peeling the withered tape off of the top. It was brittle, which contributed to it being easy to peel off. I sat back down on the  bed, fiddling with the tape. When it was entirely peeled off,   the top FLUNG open. Out came a small green-thing that bounced along the ceiling and walls. Eventually it came to a stop, landing underneath my bed. I leaned over the other end to see what it was, but it was gone.
       I sat up at the tune playing for a bit, and saw someone I'd never expect to see. Drop. Dead. Fred. "THERE YOU ARE SNOTFACE, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"
       I hadn't heard someone call me Snotface for 22 years. "Drop Dead Fred." I said under my breath, in complete shock.
     "Yea, it's me. What are you, blind?!"

Drop Dead Fred... REAL?!