Explaining the Lore between NSR x Monster Hunter [Mashup/Crossover]

Start from the beginning

I also found their culture very interesting. Their way of life was far different than ours. They used something called 'Wayang Kulit' to tell their stories.

However, I tried not to let the people's appearances and mannerisms bother me too much.

I decided to ask a resident what city was this; they said it was Vinyl City.

My men and I couldn't believe our ears. At last we had discovered the Fabled City—Vinyl City.

Though I had said the people of the city had a peculiar look, they were certainly hospitable. We were taken into a cozy house, getting pampered by a group of fine looking women—with the exception of an elderly woman.

One young lady told me she "really liked my outfit." To be honest, I had never been complimented by a girl from a different location.

My men and I were ready to go. The people bid their farewell and even hoped to see us again someday.

I must get the word out to others, or else none will believe me."

Many years had passed since the discovery of the "Fabled City." The neighboring villages had now got word of the existence of Vinyl City. Now the city was involved with others, such as trade and travel.

One day, a once young woman named Tatiana had proposed the idea of NSR. She claimed that NSR would help innovate the future of the modern world. The leaders were a bit skeptic at Tatiana's claim, but they allowed her to introduce this new idea for the hell of it.

Now that NSR was formed, Tatiana ordered that a grand tower be built in the center of Vinyl City. And so what what was now known as NSR Tower was erected from the ground. The tower would be a tall beacon, letting all the people know where Vinyl City was.

From that, the construction workers of Vinyl City began their work on the other villages and towns. They built billboards, modern structures as well as Qwasas in the center of each village. The villages had been effectively modernized and they would use music to power the Qwasas. NSR had encouraged the townspeople as well as hunters to play music and become musicians in order to generate power.

At last, the work was done, and all the villages had been modernized. It took some time to get used to, however; especially the noise.

During the events of NSR's influence, the Age of Rock had fell. Rock music was no longer playing. That was when Tatiana had introduced a new type of music, EDM. From this new era rose several popular EDM artists; DJ Subatomic Supernova, Sayu, Yinu, 1010 and Eve. These artists were hunters too.

At first, the villages found this new genre interesting—the hunters found out that certain EDM songs calmed their nerves before and after stressful hunts.

But after years of listening to the same artists, the people became very tired of it. They wanted to hear something different. Listening to nothing but EDM was driving them mad.

That's when a duo of musicians—and hunters—known as Bunk Bed Junction wanted to bring back rock, the forgotten art of Vinyl City. They attended the Lights Up Audition to see if they had what it takes to power the Qwasa.

However, when they had finished their performance, the NSR had rejected them. This act had sparked the event known as the Hunter Civil War in Vinyl City.

The Hunter Civil War involved BBJ hijacking the NSR hunter's concerts, which lead the hunters to their defeat. BBJ taken down all the known hunters of NSR, even the top ones.

The Civil War was coming to an end when a man BBJ had relied on threatened NSR with a satellite crash.

As much as they wanted to end the EDM Empire, BBJ knew what the man was doing was wrong.

BBJ traveled to each district to return them to their charters, one by one. This would create a force of hunters so strong nothing could beat them.

When they had destroyed the satellite, a series of events occurred: Tatiana's love for rock had returned, BBJ getting accepted into the NSR Guild, and the man, Kliff, getting arrested for his crimes.

From that day forward, NSR had accepted every genre of music instead of prioritizing EDM. This news had brought joy and delight among the neighboring villages.

Hunters from other villages had became performers, playing music for the people and to power their homes. NSR's performers also went on tours across the land. The people had never heard rock music before, so they were all excited about hearing it.

But the good times were not bound to last forever. Tatiana had got word that Vinyl City "has a rampage on their hands."

The performers of Vinyl City became paranoid, so they began training and forged their weapons and armor. They had barricaded their gates from impending threats.

The rampage was not just in Vinyl City; it struck every village too.

Kliff, while in prison, claimed he had knowledge of the Rampage and the monsters, so Tatiana released him with probation.

And thus far, is the story of Vinyl City's impact on the world, as well as their problems with the Rampage.