Chapter 1 - That Day

Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and you were just sitting around, talking about going outside the walls when it happened. It all just happened so fast.

Armin was looking in a book when the Earth seemed to explode. The ground jumped and threw you into the air with it.

"What was that?" Armin yelled.

"I don't know!" Eren yelled back.

The four of you ran to where the adults were headed. Then you saw it. A Titan was looking over the wall. Looking down at you. Its head was completely over the wall! That wall is over 50 meters, how could that possibly be? How could a Titan be that tall?!

"(name)! We have to go!" Eren said yanking on your shirt.

Then the Titan kicked a huge hole in the wall. Debris flew everywhere, crushing people beneath it. The smell of blood quickly went into the air. Eren was running towards the house.

Once the last corner was turned, you froze. The house, it was destroyed. It was absolutely destroyed. Your mom was trapped beneath the rubble.

"Mom!" you shouted, running to help Eren.

Mikasa, Eren, and yourself tried to pull her out, but she told you to run. Hannes quickly show up though. You thought he would actually help. A Titan with a broad grin was closing on you and the others. He went for it, but retreated. He retreated. He just ran away from it.

"Hannes, take the children and run! Leave me!" your mom told him.

You and Eren were stubborn though. You tried to move the rubble but nothing worked.

"Eren, (name), listen to me! My legs are crushed. Even if you could get me out, I couldn't run away. Just go!" she yelled.

Hannes grabbed the two of you and Mikasa followed behind. You saw it. The Titan closed in on her. It grabbed her, she tried to kick and scream but it didn't work. Then she was gone. Her blood flew through the air like a firework.

Wait....kick....she lied. She lied to you! Her legs were fine, she could have ran! She could have lived if you just tried harder. Maybe if Hannes had taken care of that titan instead of being such a damn coward.

You bit his arm, and he dropped you. Eren did something similar and he also dropped him. Apparently Eren had been yelling at him also.

"Listen to me! (name), Eren, the reason you couldn't save your mother is that you lacked the strength. The reason....the reason I didn't fight the Titan was that I lacked courage!" he shouted.

He quickly brought you to a ship, where we sat down and waited. You were shaking. Just thinking about everything was torture. Then, within a few moment, another tragedy struck humanity. A Titan broke through yet another wall. They were in further now.

Suddenly, Eren jumped up and ran to the boat's side. The sudden movement made you jump.

"I'm gonna kill them all. Every last one." he said with absolute venom and hatred.

You secretly agreed, vowing that you'd one day be free of this absolute fear of being slaughtered.