a real sweet-heart (g.w)

Start from the beginning

He, on the other hand, found himself rather nervous under your gaze. He could tell that you were about to lock up - based on the way you quickly retrieved your apron before pulling out a quill and a pad of paper, you weren't expecting any customers past this point.

He and his twin had been excited to meet the new, successful business owner when your sweet shop had first opened. Breakfast at the café every morning definitely didn't sound like a bad idea. But when news about the award-winning store made the paper, so did a picture of the boutique; along with a very beautiful, smiling photo of the young owner.

He hadn't wanted to admit it to Fred, playing it off as though he was too busy or exhausted to pay anyone a visit, but he was entranced by the ravishing girl down the street and couldn't gather the courage to talk to her. It was strange, really, seeing such a loud, charming bloke like him so flustered and afraid; but Fred hadn't ignored this, picking up on his twin's unusual behaviour the second it had begun.

"I'm sorry if you were about to close up. I can come back another time?" he offered, smiling shyly as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers. He glanced up to find you flicking your wand towards the front entrance, where the recently flipped sign welcomed back hungry customers. His eyes lingered on the soft smear of flour against your cheek and he found himself smiling without reason.

"It's no trouble at all, really! What can I do for you?"

• -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- •

"Ahhh, now there's the lover boy. How did it go?" Fred chimed, hopping up from his spot on the couch at the sound of the front door where he found George sporting a ridiculous smile. Weeks and weeks of hiding his feelings had gone completely down the drain as he allowed himself to finally bask in the sensation of his melting heart.

"I made the order," he spoke dreamily, completely ignoring the teasing tone his brother had sent him. He was too caught up in his daze to see him rolling his eyes before sitting down across the kitchen table where leftovers were prepared for dinner.

"Well of course you made the order, you bloody fool. I mean how did it go?" Fred scoffed, digging into the meal before him. George merely picked at his food, smiling into his plate as though you were there staring back at him.

"It went well. She really is a sweetheart," he smiled, avoiding Fred's gaze as his cheeks burned red. "Thank Godric Ginny is getting married. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had an excuse to talk to her."

The comment caused a scowl from the other end of the table, despite the smirk that grew upon Fred's face.

"Wow, George. What ever happened to our pact?" Fred chuckled, quickly realizing the effect you had on him. He hadn't seen George so foolishly happy since they opened the shop - and even then, his heart hadn't soared as far.

"Yeah, well, Harry can't be that bad. I suppose he's good enough for our dear sister," George shrugged, attempting to remain nonchalant but failing to hide the lovesick smile that tugged at his lips.

"Is that so? So this would have nothing to do with the fact that our dear sister has asked the beautiful baker across the street to cater for her wedding? Knowing full well that you are head over heels for her?" Fred mused, smirking as George's eyes went wide with embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want. But she is the one who invited me over for a cup of tea tomorrow," George gloated, removing his waist jacket proudly before digging into his supper.

"Wow. Smooth, Georgie. And may I ask, does she plan on discussing cake flavours or frosting tints?"

"Oh shut it, you bloody git."