𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ELIZABETH AND RIFF were normal people

ELIZABETH AND RIFF were normal people. After meeting in the hospital with the same injury, they had quickly gotten to know each other. There was barely anything to know, since they didn't even know themselves.

But after a while of being in the hospital or being questioned by police without any detail, they were finally discharged. The two decided to be roommates, and quickly, they fell in love.

Riff looked down at Elizabeth as his arm rested on the top of the fridge. He was admiring her.

Elizabeth looked up at him as she noticed his stare.

"What?"

Riff shrugged, fiddling with the checker piece in his hand.

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

Elizabeth chuckled, red rushing up to her face.

"You can't even remember your life past a year ago," she smiled, resting her chin on her hand, "How would you know?"

"Oh, don't worry," Riff softly laughed, "I know."

Elizabeth stood up, placing her newspaper down on the dining table. She proceeded to wrap her arms around Riff's neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you, Mr. Lorton."

Riff pecked her lips with a soft, gentle, caring kiss.

"I love you more, Mrs. Lorton."

Elizabeth giggled and put her lips on his, both of them in a sweeping, passionate state.

Elizabeth pulled back and smiled.

She unwrapped her hands from his neck and changed the radio, "The news should be on right now."

Riff chuckled and sat down at the small dining table, in front of the seat Elizabeth sat down at.

"In other news, the teenage murders that took place in downtown New York is being commemorated today as one of the victim's birthday takes place tomorrow."

Riff pressed his lips together as he took a piece of Elizabeth's toast.

"My birthday's tomorrow."

Elizabeth smacked his hand away, "And we won't celebrate if you continue to eat my food."

"Sorry, sweetheart," Riff laughed, finishing his piece.

"The victim's name was Riff Lorton," the man in the radio said, "He committed suicide after his fiancée was murdered."

Elizabeth and Riff furrowed their eyebrows.

"That's weird," Riff pursed his lips.

He turned the volume up. They both stared at the radio.

"His fiancée was Betty Issac," the man in the radio continued.

"Oh," Elizabeth waved off, chuckling nervously, "That's... not me."

"But her full name was Elizabeth Issac Hernandez," the man continued, "The neighborhood is commemorating their loss. Including two boys by the name of Tony and Bernardo."

Elizabeth and Riff slowly looked up at each other.

"What the hell?"