Chapter Five, Imogen's Birthday Surprise

Start from the beginning

Imogen must have fallen asleep for the next thing she knew was being woken by the sound of her bedroom door opening and four heads peering round it with a wince upon noticing they'd awoken her.
"Sorry." Emmett's loud baritone voice whispered.
"We didn't mean to wake you." Ella added perching on the foot of her bed.
"I told this Buffon we'd wake you." Rosie scoffed teasingly, rolling her eyes playfully as Emmett protested vehemently; but smiles donned each of their faces as small giggles escaped Imogen's lips.
"How're you feeling, darling?" Jasper fretted, pressing a kiss to his girlfriend's forehead.

They'd only been dating a few days as Jasper had asked Charlie for his blessing after the ballet recital - which had endeared him to not only Charlie but also the men from the Rez, and Ella's father as well; all of whom were very protective of Imogen.
"Feeling a little better." Imogen replied tiredly, after taking a sip of the fresh cool water Rosalie had just handed her before her hand automatically went to Patch and Shadow stroking their little heads, or stomach in Patch's case.

"That's good." Ella sighed with relief. "You had us all worried bout you, Immy. Your Dad let us come up and stay for a while as he had to pop to the station. There was a problem involving one of the younger officers, I don't know what though." Ella stated, shrugging her shoulders.
"Plus El and Jas had to bring you the boring stuff, I.e. homework." Emmett shuddered dramatically making them all laugh and roll their eyes fondly at the goof ball that posed as a giant Teddy bear.

"Be careful Emmett or El and I will hex you." Imogen teased wiggling her fingers at the large but friendly giant - a literal Hagrid - who looked ridiculous trying to sit in her desk chair that was too small for his large built and well muscled frame.
"Nah!" Emmett dismissed, waving his hand at the two thirds of the Cat Coven Wiccans. "You both love me too much for that." Imogen and Ella shared a look before saying together.
"Nah, we love Rosie more!"
"Stop that! And what about poor Jas!" Emmett cried.

"Well, girls have to stick together after all." They teased again, which encouraged Jasper to join in the dramatics.
"Rosie!" Jasper and Emmett whined.
"Nope! I love Immy and Ella more." Rosalie declared, perching on the other side of the bed and wrapping her arms around both girls.

"WHAT!!" Emmett and Jasper shouted before they all fell into raucous laughter; unbeknownst to them Charlie had returned home frustrated with the ineptitude of his officer who had been on the force for fifteen years and should know better, only for the frown to be washed away the moment he stepped through the front door hearing laughter filter down the stairs from Imogen's bedroom. He'd hated leaving her to sort out some of the huge mess that had been created (only to be told by his Deputy that she'd finish the rest and to head home to Imogen after an hour of frustrating work), but he was glad she was in good hands and was being looked after while he wasn't there. Jasper just went up a notch in his book.

***

Imogen's birthday had arrived with rather mixed emotions. Imogen was rather despondent but also happy regarding her birthday. She was despondent as she knew her mother, Renee, and older twin sister, Isabella, would pretend yet again that she didn't exist that Bella was an only child as they refused to even contact or acknowledge Imogen. Whereas, she was happy as she had her Dad, friends, pseudo aunts and uncles from the Reservation and Ella's parents, and now extra friends and a boyfriend in the form of the Cullens.

She didn't know what they were doing today, as she and her Dad normally went to the Rez to celebrate with a small gathering in the form of her friends and their parents from the Rez, and Ella and her parents, but this time her Dad told her to be up and ready by ten as they were going to the Cullens. It didn't really register with Imogen that everyone was heading to the Cullens; she just thought she was heading to the Rez later. So that morning she did her morning routine only with taking her injection by stabbing the AJovy epiPen into her left thigh (which she had to do monthly, alternating between both thighs and her stomach each month) added in. After making sure the needle was safely in the sharps bin and her towel was secure, Imogen left the bathroom for her bedroom dressing in blue ripped jeans, a white crop T-shirt, white trainers, black leather jacket and her hair in plaited space buns with simple makeup.