CHAPTER THREE

Getting back inside the car I swore I never would step foot in again was kinda defeating

Getting back inside the car I swore I never would step foot in again was kinda defeating. Today, there was a lingering smell of artificial sweetness, which the others also caught as soon as we all climbed into our seats. From the passenger seat, Techno gave Wilbur an accusing look.

"You ditched with Schlatt again, didn't you?" My eyes widened at the aggravation in his tone, eyeing his facial features. Techno's expression didn't look outwardly angry, but there was a little too much bite in his words for me to brush it off as an innocent question.

Wilbur, however, had no problem brushing off Techno's question. "Nah, I would never." It seemed like everyone in the car had a hard time believing him, as even I wasn't convinced. Still, he moved on, cranking his car to start and turning up the radio after pressing play.

now playing untangled by khai dreams

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

0:52 ───|────── 2:22

—do you get me? are you just being kind now?

you're no better, but given the circumstances, i'm fine

what's your feelings? am i wasting my time now?

could be better, but given the circumstances, i'm fine

As soon as the first words were being sung through the speakers, Tommy was instantly singing along under his breath, opening Twitter on his phone and resetting his timeline. When he saw my eyes lingering on it, he tilted his phone so I could see, moving closer as he scrolled past various tweets from strangers around the world.

"Oh man, Minecraft is trending again! Do you think they're finally releasing the caves and cliffs update?" Tommy directed this question to anyone in the car, probably not searching for a specific response.

"Pfft, yeah, when they release it in 3 years." Techno snorted sarcastically, seemingly having moved on from his interaction with Wilbur. "Them releasing caves and cliffs is like there being a GTA 6. It's not happening in the foreseeable future." That comment made Wilbur let out a small laugh.

can you tell me what you're after?

i'm caught up in more shit that i know doesn't really matter

I turned my attention back to Tommy scrolling through the replies, gasping when I saw something that piqued my interest. "Whoa, is that a goat?" I never saw a mob like that in my Minecraft world, not even in YouTube videos. Maybe this was one of those modification things I saw a YouTuber play with one time...

Tommy turned to me slowly, his eyes lighting up like I was his god. "Do you... Do you play Minecraft?" He whispered like it was supposed to be a secret.