CHAPTER 18: THE PAST

Começar do início

"I have work to do, take us home!" mahinang sambit niya saka nagpatuloy sa pagliligpit. Lumabas naman siya sa kwarto saka pumunta sa kwarto ng anak.

"Ate, mag-impake na tayo!"

Kumilos naman ang Yaya saka tinulungan siya. "Mommy? What's wrong?"

"Baby, we're going home. Daddy G came back from London. You miss him right?"

Tumango ang anak saka niya agad na tinawag at  binihisan.

Tahimik lang sila sa buong biyahe nila. Kairo noticed something was wrong, he tried to talk to her while on the way but she never spoken to him.

Nang makarating sa condo sinalubong naman sila ni Dexter. Tinulungan siya nito na magdala ng ibang gamit.

"Thank you!" wika niya rito ng hindi tumitingin.

"Dasha? What's wrong? You've been so quite since this morning, if what I said last night---------"

"I need some time alone!" putol niya sa sasabihin nito saka saka sumunod nila Dexter papasok sa condo.

"Kyrie, do you want to visit your Daddy G?" Tanong ni Dexter dito saka naman malawak na ngumiti ang anak saka tumango.  "I'll take him there right now! You can't let him see you that way. It's better for him to stay with Dad. Wait for Damien here. " wika ni Dexter saka naman siya tumango. She can't involve Kyrie with this, matalino ang anak niya. Alam niyang madali lang nitong malalaman iyon kaya mas gugustuhin niyang hindi makita ng anak ang sitwasyon niya.

Damien came when Dexter and Kyrie left the condo. Tumabi agad ito ng upo sa kanya saka bumuntong hininga.

"What happen?" Tanong ni Damien. They can't tell her about it, if she know then she might have found a solution about it.

"I think, something was wrong the moment I step into the country. I don't want to remember it anymore but all of a sudden it resurface and I-I don't know if it's true or not."

"What do you mean?"

"When we're in Kairo's vacation house. I saw his picture when he was a child. He looks exactly like Kyrie. And I smelled that parfum, it smells exactly the same."

"What did he say?" tanong nito. 

Umiling siya saka bumuntong hininga. "I didn't ask him because I was scared, what if that was him? What if all this time he knew about it? And that's the reason why he pursued me?"

"Did he tell you something?"

"He told me that he had something to tell me, he was hesitating at first but then he told me he wanted to be Kyrie's father and that is to marry me. "

Umiling si Damien saka tumingin kay Dasha. "If he truly loves you he'll tell everything to you, he'll be honest. I can feel his sincerity because he took good care of Kyrie when he's sick and he always exert time and effort for you. Talk to him and ask him, don't try to avoid and let things happen, get rid of the mess you put yourself on your mind. Everything happens for a reason."

Damien left the condo after he told her that they'll stay for good. They can take good care of Kyrie for the mean time. She only has to focus on herself and clear her mind. She can decide on her own, and it's her choice between ending it or accepting things. Let bygones be bygones.

Sinusubukan ni Dasha na makatulog pero hindi niya magawang maipikit ang kanyang mga mata, maraming mga bagay ang bumabagabag sa isipan niya. Nagtungo siya sa studio at itinuon ang atensyon sa pagpipinta ng kung ano-anong maiisip niya. 

Two days had passed and she was still confused at hindi man lang nasagot ang mga katanungan sa utak niya. She needed that space for herself, to be alone. Pero para bang mas lalong bumibigat ang dalahin niya.