nine.

( NINE; EXTRAORDINARY MERRY CHRISTMAS )
WICKED.

     The holidays often bring out unwarranted emotions—and Faye, unlike the rest of her glee club members, was feeling anything but holy jolly

     The holidays often bring out unwarranted emotions—and Faye, unlike the rest of her glee club members, was feeling anything but holy jolly. The whole month had only brought anxiety to tug at her heart as she tried to decide what she would do during winter break, hoping it would relieve the weight holding her back.

     In front of the room, Rory had just finished singing Blue Christmas—which, although beautiful, came off a tad bit mournful. This caused Santana to frown as she spoke, "God, that song is so depressing. I might actually be dead right now."

     The remaining applause was silenced after the statement, and the Irish boy's smile dropped. Clearing her throat, Rachel tried to ease the situation, "I-I think what Santana means is, although that was mournfully beautiful—now that the glee club is back together, I think we should focus on the more joyous and pageant aspect of this holiday season."

     "Rachel's right," Tina started causing all of the teenagers to look toward her, "Last Christmas was super sad. Kurt was at another school, Coach Sylvester trashed everything, and Artie got a pair of magic legs that broke the next day. We were the island of misfit toys. This year is going to be-."

     Mr. Shue cut off the teenager, who walked into the room, ready to announce the big news for the New Directions, "This year, it's a whole new sprig of mistletoe. Guess who is not getting coal in their stockings for once? Us. Rory, have a seat."

     The pale boy did as he was told, sitting down beside Faye, who had a noticeable frown planted on her face. Mr. Shue smiled widely as he continued, "I just got off the phone with Don Borowski, the local manager at Lima's PBS affiliate. It turns out that their annual broadcast of yule log burning has been canceled."

     Suddenly angered by the announcement, Puck spoke defensively, "The hell?"

     "Yeah, they can't afford the licensing fees anymore. But thank you, Scrooges, who own that copyright, because Don came to Sectionals, and he loved what we did and is offering us...."

     "A Christmas special featuring all of us," Rachel answered excitedly, "Okay, please say you said yes!"

     Mr. Shue pointed at Rachel with a mirrored smile, "Not only did I say yes, but when Don said that they were looking for a director for the special, I nominated you, Artie."

     "A teenager," Faye asked from her spot beside Sam, a sarcastic laugh slipping past her lips, "How desperate are they?"

     The Evans boy quickly jabbed his elbow into the redheads' ribs, causing the girl to groan, "Sorry. Sorry, Artie. That's awesome. Just make sure you don't make the virgins feel bad this time around."

     The Hastings girl let out another grunt as the blonde boy repeated the jab to her ribs, "Sorry."

     Artie looked at Mr. Shue with a confused look, completely ignoring what the redhead behind him had just said, "I swore I would never sell out and do television. I'm really going to have to think about this, Mr. Shue."