" You have a big heart ma, and it's going to get you a long way. Shorties around here adore you." I grinned, looking through the menu filled with high-priced ass food.

Eighty Dollars for a steak? I think the fuck not.

" Wow, when you say it like that. It makes me feel special." I laugh closing the menu waiting on the waitress to greet us, taking the time to glance around the nice-looking restaurant I noticed very few people were there, which was just nice. Being around a big crowd wasn't my type of thing.

" You are special B, that's why people love you. Everything about you is special Naomi, you may not see it, but we do shorty." Blushing, I glanced down at my freshly painted yellow toes and cleared my throat.

" Well, thank you. Though, I still don't believe it. Now, may we get some damn assistance around here." I rolled my eyes, causing him to laugh.

• • •

August 15th, 1991
Uptown Records
Devanté Swing

Her raspy voice filled the studio along with the bass of the beat that had a hip-hop style to it. In front of the glass and at the soundboard was no other than the Devanté Swing himself. In front of the mic, was Cheryl who recorded her verse for her group's upcoming single " Let's Talk About Sex".

Beside him was Cedric who eyed the female from behind the big glass. "And that's Cheryl? Right?"

" Yeah, why?" He side-eyed his friend and glanced up at the female who seemed not to be able to keep her eyes to herself. He glanced away and shifted in his seat feeling some type of way.

K-Ci glanced between the two people, " Don't tell me you fucked her already De." The sound of his lips smacking echoed throughout the room. A frown took over his annoyed face, as he turned towards his friend, " No, I didn't. Why do you think that?"

" Your hazel eyes have been stuck to her's since the moment we got here bitch. I know what's up, you don't have to front." He sighed and slouched down in his seat.

The silence alone was enough to give away the answer, " Naomi going to fuck you up."

" It was oral sex, nigga." K-Ci laughed but stopped giving him a straight face.

" As if that's any better." Just on Que, the young female made her way out of the booth with a smile plastered on her face.

" How'd I do?" Forcing a smile, he straightened himself up and placed his forearms against the soundboard. Beside him, his friend analyzed the body language of the female. He knew it wasn't his place to say anything about the two-somewhat lovers. But, Naomi was his friend, someone who truly gave a fuck about de, and his well-being. And just for her own sake, he thought she should know. But, monetarily he wasn't going to be the one to tell, someone else would.

Devanté watched the woman, hassle over to the empty seat on the left side of him, crossing her bare legs over one another, she stared at him with her pretty hazel eyes, " I was wondering if you'd be down to get something to eat?"

He removed his eyes from hers, and onto the soundboard nervously fidgeting with the buttons. Intervening, K-Ci smiled at her, " We have a session to attend to, sorry C." She laughed and waved him off standing up to her feet. " It's cool, maybe next time." Going over to the long brown sofa, she grabbed her purse and keys.

" Later De." He turned around and gave her a head nod. Once, she was gone K-Ci smacked him upside the head.

" I hope Naomi kicks your fucking heart out. you got her asking you out to eat? What did you do to her?" He shrugged and rolled his eyes.