26

August 21, 1991

" Who's Cheryl?"

He stared at her, swallowing the lump in his throat. She twisted her head to the side and looked in his eyes for answers, but they held no emotion. Nothing but, the birds in the sky could be heard within the atmosphere.

He cleared his throat, before speaking, " I don't know who you talking about." He removed her from his lap and stood up grabbing his notebook. She shifted on the chair and stared up at his tall structure.

" Nigga, please. You know exactly who I'm talking about. Word gets around at uptown de. I know you're working with Salt N Pepa and I heard little miss Cheryl just so happened to take a liking towards you." She voiced, following behind him into the house.

The sound of K-Ci arguing with Dalvin echoed throughout the house. She followed him up the stairs, and into their room. She closed the door, locking it. Folding her arms across her chest, she leaned up against the wall. Her yellow sundress bounced off the dull color in the room.

" Donald, I asked you if you knew her and you lied straight to my fucking face. Do you not take me seriously? I meant it when I said I'll beat you and her ass." He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

" If I didn't take you seriously, I wouldn't be with you, right? So hush all that shit up. I didn't tell you for a reason." He flopped down on the bed and reached for the remote turning the television on.

" I'm not insecure. I wouldn't dare interfere with your money. You didn't tell me because you knew that bitch liked you and you were scared to tell me. What a bitch move." He frowned at her calling him out of his name, raising an arched brow.

" Watch yo' mouth. I don't disrespect you, so keep that energy with me Y/know what I'm sayin'?" He pointed his long bent index finger at her, sending a chuckle to fall from her plump lips.

" Fuck you, If that's what you want to do, I can do it too. I don't mind doing my own thang'. I ain't in the business of keeping a nigga that don't want to be kept. I got heeds of niggas ready to get all this." She uttered, unlocking the door and getting ready to walk out.

But before she could his large hand gripped her arms tightly pulling her back in. " Get yo' ass back in here, who you think you talking to?" She snatched them away and pushed him back.

" You nigga, I'm tired of your secretive ways. If you can't be honest with me, I'm done. Nigga you about to go on tour, a tour you didn't think to tell me about. and now you out here working with female artists who's taking a liking towards you, behind my back?" She frowned, staring up at him.

She didn't mind picking up her things and staying with Mary until she got back on her feet again. It was only a matter of time until she was done with him, and their relationship.

" I can't tell you everything I do Naomi. Some shit, I just keep to myself. I promise baby if I felt uncomfortable around her. You'd be the first person to know. Don't worry, I'm all your ma." He gripped her waist, pulling closer with each word he spoke.

Rolling her eyes, she removed his hands, " Yeah whatever, I'm not going for that shit this time. When I say I'm tired, I mean it de. I need to meet her personally." A scoff came from him, as he walked back over to the bed, now done with the conversation. Meeting her wasn't an option.