outstanding (f.w)

Start from the beginning

He wasn't surprised to find that you were already seated at the long, vacant table closest to the window. He smirked light-heartedly at the books upon books that sat in front of you. The sight alone would have normally caused his heart to stop.  But for whatever reason, the thought of listening to you all afternoon made him smile, even if he had failed to recognize that it did so.

"Why hello, darling," he mused, taking a seat across from you as he draped his empty bag on the seat beside him. He took note of the way your eyes had widened at the pet name, a cute blush immediately painting your cheeks.

"Hi," you spoke softly, smiling down at the table in hopes to hide your embarrassment.

"Erm, so, I guess we should get started then."

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

"What does the variable 'A' stand for in the formula of basic Transfiguration?" you quizzed, calming from another laughing fit caused by none other than Fred Weasley. He wore a cheeky smirk as you attempted to hide your smile, getting lost in the way your eyes gazed into his own as you awaited a response.

He had succeeded in transforming your quill into a flower not more than a minute ago.  But before he could reverse the spell, he had used a charm to place it behind your ear. "For you, lovely," he smiled as you giggled at his antics, laughing even harder as he pouted when you pulled it from your hair.

You sighed when the room fell silent, failing to recognize that Fred had not even heard your question as he gazed adoringly at you. Instead, you took his lack of response as an opportunity to help him, proceeding to explain what you had been learning since your first year.

"'A' stands for bodyweight, accompanied by Viciousness and Wand Power. It's used when —" you paused, glaring teasingly at the ginger in front of you as he did nothing but stare, leaning lazily against his palm as you spoke.

"Fred," you giggled, gesturing to the parchment laid out on the table, "You should probably take some notes."

"Oh, of course! My bad. Just got a bit distracted," he spoke smoothly, winking as you grew flustered and hid behind your book. He smiled as you continued, but even as his quill scribbled roughly against his parchment, the only thing on his mind was the adorable girl sitting across from him.

• —– ٠ ✤ ٠ —– •

As weeks and weeks passed, Fred found that you were the only meaningful thing on his mind. Even pranks were knocked out of the competition as it had been days since he last thought of a new joke product (much to George's dismay).

He sat at the scarlet-clad table for dinner after another one of your weekly sessions. Yet, as his siblings and fellow housemates engaged in an exciting conversation about their next Hogsmeade trip, he found himself scanning the Ravenclaw table in search for a familiar girl. 

He softened as he watched you giggle with one of your friends. Even amongst the loud chatter of the students, he swore he could hear your laughter above everyone else's.

"Earth to Fred?" Ginny's amused voice rang as she waved a hand in front of her brother. She snickered along with the rest of her siblings when his eyes went wide. He hadn't realized that the others were watching until now and was afraid that he would never hear the end of it.

"What's got you all distracted?" Ron quipped, turning his attention to George and Lee as each draped an arm around the boy's shoulders.  They happily nodded towards the Ravenclaw table where they recognized the timid girl Fred had spent the last five Saturdays with.

"Oh, Ronniekins," George chimed, ruffling his brother's hair while eyeing his twin teasingly. "Our dear Freddie, over here, is in love."

A scoff was heard amidst the giggles as Fred rolled his eyes at the words of his brother.