Chapter Three: The Billionaire Scarecrow

So, (Y/N) wandered on down the Yellow brick road for goodness knows how long. Either way, she soon got lost. Simple instructions; Follow the Yellow brick road. Well, she was. But she's now at a junction where it goes in about four different directions, not including the way she came. While (Y/N) was wondering where to go, she heard a voice suggesting which way to go.

(Y/N) looked to see a Scarecrow pointing to the path in front of her. But it's a Scarecrow. They can't speak. Goose thought it could anyway. While (Y/N) told Goose that Scarecrows can't talk, it moved to point the other way. While (Y/N) was trying to figure it out, she caught it moving. The Scarecrow was the one talking!

"Why, you did say something, didn't you?" (Y/N) asked it

The Scarecrow shakes his head but changes his mind and nods

"Are you doing that on purpose, or can't you make up your mind?" (Y/N) asked

"That's the trouble. I can't make up my mind. I haven't got a brain. Only straw," He said showing us some straw

"How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?"

"I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?"

"Yes, I guess you're right," (Y/N) walked into the cornfield he was in, "Well, we haven't really met properly, have we?"

"Why, no."

"How do you do?"

"How do you do?"

"Very well, thank you. I'm (Y/N)."

"I'm Tony Stark. But I'm not feeling at all well. You see, it's very tedious being stuck up here all day long with a pole up your back."

"Oh, dear. That must be terribly uncomfortable. Can't you get down?"

"Down? No, you see, I'm well. I'm..."

(Y/N) went behind him to figure out how to get him down but she couldn't see anything to help. That was until Tony suggested bending the nail at the back of the pole down so he could slip off. (Y/N) did just that and he slipped off but lost some of his straw in the process.

"There goes some of me again!" Tony said like it was normal

"Oh, does it hurt you?" (Y/N) asked worried

Tony stuffed the straw back into him, "Oh, no. I just keep picking it up and putting it back in again. My! It's good to be free!"

Tony tried to walk off but tripped over the fence and fell. (Y/N) screamed when she saw that happen and came to his side on the floor.

"Did I scare you?" Tony asked

"No, no. I just thought you hurt yourself," (Y/N) said

"But I didn't scare you?"

"No, of course not."

"I didn't think so," Tony said disappointed

A crow landed on his shoulder. Tony tried to scare it away but it wouldn't move. It just pecked a bit of straw from his collar and flew away.

"You see? I can't even scare a crow. They come from miles around just to eat in my field and laugh at my face. Oh, I'm a failure, because, I haven't got a brain!" Tony said sadly

"Well, what would you do with a brain if you had one?" (Y/N) asked

"Do? Why if I had a brain, I could... I could while away the hours conferring with the flowers. Consulting with the rain. And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin' if I only had a brain,' He rolled down onto the road and (Y/N) helped him stand, 'I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le in trouble or in pain.'

Tony fell but (Y/N) caught him

'With the thoughts, you'd be thinkin'. You could be another Lincoln if you only had a brain,' (Y/N) said

'Oh, I could tell you why the ocean's near the shore. I could think of things I never thunk before. And then I sit,' he sat down, 'and think some more,' he got back up, 'I would not be just a nothin', my head all full of stuffin'. My heart all full of pain. I would dance and be merry. Life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a brain.'

Some of his straw fell out while he was dancing and he fell to the ground again. (Y/N) picked it up and we went over to him.

"Wonderful!" (Y/N) said smiling and putting the straw back into him, "Why, if our scarecrow back in Kansas could do that the crows would be scared to pieces!"

"They would?" Tony asked excitedly

(Y/N) nodded.

"Where's Kansas?" Tony asked

"That's where I live and I wanna get back there so badly, I'm going to the Emerald City to get the Wizard of Oz to help me," (Y/N) said

"You're going to see a wizard?" (Y/N) nodded again, "Do you think if I went, this wizard would give me some brains?"

"I couldn't say. But even if he didn't, you'd be no worse off than you are now."

"Yes, that's true."

"But maybe you better not. I've got a witch mad at me, and you might get into trouble."

"Witch? I'm not afraid of a witch! I'm not afraid of anything! Except a lighted match," He motioned to his straw

"I don't blame you for that."

"But I'd face a whole box of them for the chance of getting some brains. Look, I won't be any trouble, because I don't eat a thing. And I won't try to manage things, because I can't think. Won't you take me with you?"

"Why, of course, I will!"

Tony got up happily, "Hooray! We're off to see a wizard!"

He almost fell but (Y/N) caught him

"Oh, you're not starting out very well," (Y/N) said kind of amused

"Oh, I'll try! Really, I will," Tony promised

"To Oz?"

"To Oz!"

They linked arms and made their way down the yellow brick road to Emerald City. Tony got the hang of walking and keeping his balance as they walked on. Though Goose seemed unsure around the talking scarecrow but slowly got used to him. For now, it's off down the Yellow Brick Road to see the Wizard.