Adoration (1)

"Who are you ?" I yell, I reach to grab whoever this person is, they then disappear, and I am woken up to yelling. My mom and dad are fighting again, but earlier than usual. I sit up in my bed to process what is happening. I sit there in silence with my eyes closed, rubbing them as I listen to all the arguing downstairs.

"Can you stop acting like a child !?" My mother yelled.

"What is the big deal anyways ?" My dad laughed.

"Ugh!" I blurted in an attempt to cover my ears from hearing such a useless conversation.

Finally, I get up and out of my bed to head to my desk where I had laid my phone down during the night.

"It's only 5:30am and they're already arguing ? I could've slept longer before school" I murmured to myself.

In an attempt to wake myself up fully, I turn on the water faucet as I enter my bathroom and I continuously splash my face with cold water. I do the usual and get ready for school, putting on makeup and being indecisive about what to wear. After all that I hear my phone dinging from texts, I ignore the messages and finish getting ready.

It's around 7:00am so I decided to go downstairs, leave, and go to school. As I'm walking downstairs, I see my father lying on the couch with the stench of alcohol, it smelled as if he jumped into a pool full of alcohol. My mom was in the kitchen so I waved goodbye to her, but as I was looking at her, her eyes were red and puffy. I pay no mind to this and although I do feel bad, she does do this to herself.

...

When I had arrived at school I was greeted by my two friends, Connie and Sasha. Connie and Sasha's eyes widened, along with their smiles and then Sasha came running at me.

"Y/n!!" Connie and Sasha exclaimed

"Sasha! Connie!" I cheered almost tripping over nothing

It was our first day back at college on a wednesday, bleh, and now we're juniors.

"Are you throwing a party this year y/n ?" Connie asked

"Yea come on, pleaseee." Sasha insisted

"Whyyyyyy ?" I whined

"Your parties are always amazing!" Sasha pleaded

"Fine, as long as you two help." I hissed

Then the bell rang so loud that we heard it from outside. We all waved goodbye as we were in a hurry.

Just last year I switched my major from EMT to Sociology, so currently I am taking "Introduction to Sociology." Sociology focuses on the study of humans, the reason I am taking it is because I want to understand my father and mothers relationship and overall humans.

I walked into class, as it was still empty because the bell had just rang except two boys and one girl stare at me as I walked in. One of the boys had bright blonde hair and the other with dark brown hair put up in a man bun. The girl on the other hand was really pretty, she had black short hair with a scar on her right cheekbone. I sat on the far right of the blonde boy as I didn't want to disturb them.

As the seats had filled up and the professor had walked in, he started giving us a long boring lesson about sociological imagination.

...

The bell rings and I throw my head up, just now realizing I was sleeping through the lecture. I looked around to see one of the boys from earlier still in his seat as the class was empty except for the boy and myself.

He seems really cute, with the strands of hair sticking out from his man bun and his cute green and glistening eyes.

I got up out of my chair to stretch and grab my books, as I was looking away I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I look over to the boy from earlier and make eye contact with him, I laugh and he diverts his attention away from me as fast as I blinked.